• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Poll: Possible Theo trades???

Diesel

There are only 2 trades on this page that truly appeal to me. Obviously the Theo for Lo/Battier (since it was mine)

But also the Theo, Hendu for Hill/Gooden/Declerq/1st

Honestly I don't think you'll get the pick out of it.

I think in 2 years Gooden will be worth more than theo and hendu combined. I also think Hendu is redundant for Nazr so although he is at times a very useful player, he's redundant...can't play the 2 of them at once.

So I lineup

Terry, Glover, SAR, Gooden, Nazr.

DD,Hansen,Diaw, DeClerq, Kemp (signed),

JV, Crawford. Hill goes on the IR for at least the first half of the season and we apply for a league medical exemption.

• Admin

I think the Theo for Battier and Lo is interesting. However, there must be a reason that West is trying to upgrade at C and is pursuing Nazr. Lo may not be all that.

I like the Lewis/James trade for Theo. We get a really good player at SF and James and Nazr would make a nice duo at Center.

Here's one you haven't suggested.

Atlanta trades: C Theo Ratliff (8.7 ppg, 7.5 rpg, 0.9 apg in 31.1 minutes)

Atlanta receives: PF Christian Laettner (8.3 ppg, 6.6 rpg, 3.1 apg in 29.2 minutes)

PF Kwame Brown (7.4 ppg, 5.3 rpg, 0.7 apg in 22.2 minutes)

Change in team outlook: +7.0 ppg, +4.4 rpg, and +2.9 apg.

Washington trades: PF Christian Laettner (8.3 ppg, 6.6 rpg, 3.1 apg in 29.2 minutes)

PF Kwame Brown (7.4 ppg, 5.3 rpg, 0.7 apg in 22.2 minutes)

Washington receives: C Theo Ratliff (8.7 ppg, 7.5 rpg, 0.9 apg in 81 games)

Change in team outlook: -7.0 ppg, -4.4 rpg, and -2.9 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

Due to Atlanta and Washington being over the cap, the 15% trade rule is invoked. Atlanta and Washington had to be no more than 115% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

------------------------------------------------------------

You have been assigned Trade ID number 1239903

Why we do this deal.

We now line up

JT

Glover

SAR

Kwame

Nazr

Then backup with DD/Hansen/Diaw/Hendu/Laetner.

JT/CC warm the pine.

Washington needs the Center presence and Brown seems like a bust to them. But hardly, he was stellar in the first 20 games till the vets started talking in his ear and that player killer Collins benched him for young player attitude (rembering Doug Collins benched a young horace grant for attitude too). Fact is, the kid can run the floor, block shots and rebound like an NBA starter right now. He only needs a little grooming to be twice the player Theo is right now.

Laettner can be a pain as Hawks fans have seen before but he can shoot from both the outside and inside and has only a year left on the deal.

In 2 years, we could have a solid base of JT, SAR, Brown, Nazr, DD, Diaw, Hansen to work from with Light years of cap room.

Would probably have to throw a 2nd rounder in there to make it work for Washington. But they want and need the real center now. They covet the shotblocker and with only 1 additional year on his contract, Theo is High reward/low risk to them.

Hm, keep Battier far away from here. There's something vaguely off-putting about those weird lines in his scalp-- I haven't seen grooves like that since Lionel Richie blew up on Soul Train!!!

• Admin

SAR is not a small forward. He is not suited to that position as he is a more back to the basket player then a slaher.

He, management and the coaches all agree that he is not a SF.

I think that trade does not move us forward at all. Brown is looking to be a bust more and more and L8tener is gone. He is no longer the player he was in the mid 90s.

It's pointless to keep or trade for players that are

over 27 years old. That means to trade Theo for

younger players. This team is not going to challenge

for the playoffs this year.... By the time the Hawks

are ready for the playoffs Theo will be too old.

Detroit's a pipedream and then some. A, they just got Darko, who's either a 4 or 5, not a 3 by any indications. They've got Okur, who's going to need more minutes. and of course, there's big Ben......they don't need any other front court players, esp. not starters...

• Premium Member

http://www.hawksquawk.net/forums/showthrea...&Main=19684

This trade is older than dirt and has been talked about and talked about since last year...

In reply to:

I mean, IF we could trade Theo and get back Battier/Lo what are we waiting on? Not to mention Swift...

Or if a three way deal that sent Nazr to Philly for Buckner. Then Buckner/Theo to Memphis for Swift/Battier/Lo... What are we waiting on. That trade has our name on it. Forget Cap.... We'll handle that next yr.

• Premium Member

Yeah...

I like the Seatte trade too. Lewis/SAR is a good mix at the forward positions. Lewis is very young. He came out of HS. He has enough ball handling skills to do the job.

I think Seattle would do it because it allows them to play Radman at Sf and Collison at PF.