• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Not All Happiness in the Magic Kingdom

• Moderators

Currently playing behind Dwight Howard's foot-long smile is a backup 3 who was all but certain to be leaving, once Quentin Richardson signed, and might have to crawl back with a truncated salary and fewer minutes, a backup rookie center who (literally) slugged his way through his summer league opener, a backup veteran center who was told he may get his wish and get traded, and now a backup 4 who, a year removed from a free agent signing, is tired of scant minutes and demands either more minutes or a trade.

"I think they'll do the right thing, whatever is the right thing -- either play me next season or send me somewhere else. That's what I'm hoping,'' Bass told FanHouse earlier this week following the Summer Groove charity game in Miami. "I won't go through what I did last season.''

"I'm one of the hardest working guys on the team, so hopefully I'll have a bigger role next season,'' Bass said. "Right now, I'm just working on my game, trying to get better. I don't worry about things like trades. I won't go through again what I did last season.''

~lw3