Ugly Boy Floyd?

lethalweapon3

• Moderators

Somebody pleeeeeeeease tell me he's done. Or, at the very least, that we're all done with him?

I know his pound-for-pound boxing skills have been superior for awhile now, and he's still undefeated (some would argue, evasively so). But his recent race-baiting, homophobic, fight-dodging, and (now, allegedly) female-abusing ways are just over the top for me. Or am I just being overly sensitive right now? Maybe it's just too much going on all at one time? Forget the ESPYs... is the persistent and coddled mistreatment of women the real trophies being handed to our top boxers, golfers, and quarterbacks?

I'd hope that our pugilistic society has evolved just a bit since the trifling saga of the ear-nibbling, crotch-grabbing, child-appetizing Tyson years, and not wasting one red cent more to view Junior in the ring would be emblematic of that. Boxing needs villains, sure, but no more of this variety.

When the sole redeeming reason to pay to see someone box is that everyone believes he somehow "deserves" a butt-whooping, for needless actions that have nothing to do with the sport, there's simply no benefit in staging a bout anymore. Put him in a dunk tank at the circus and let everyone who wants a shot at a man who calls himself "Money" pay a nickel to douse him. He'll probably make more cash that way anyhow. But we've got to quit staging boxing events (or any professed legitimate sports, for that matter) as a means to subsidize people's visibly downward spirals.

~lw3

He is a jerk and he loves being the guy that everyone hates. But I have never seen a boxer as skilled as this dude. His speed and accuracy is off the charts. I would love to see him get his *ss whipped but I don't think that it will happen.

It will happen if he fights Pachiou. P. is just as fast (or faster) and is much more energetic in the ring. I think he's doing the right thing dodging P if he wants to retire undefeated. :kickcan: