• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2 Features from NFL Network featuring Matt Ryan and Falcons.

coachx

Falcons got 2 gift handed to them. Luck is part of the game but still, these last 2 games were something else.

I'm still not sold on them yet.

Part of being a good team and having a good season is cashing in on those type of games....thats the difference between a 500 team and a playoff team,

• Like 1

They have been a bit fortuitous but the divide of talent in the NFL is not that wide; seasons are defined based on whether you win or lose these types of games. They still had to go down the field in both games at the end and win.

San Fran was a classic "trap" game after an emotional (and well-deserved, by the way) win in NO. They can still improve but I am glad they are doing it while winning instead of the other way around.

They have been a bit fortuitous but the divide of talent in the NFL is not that wide; seasons are defined based on whether you win or lose these types of games. They still had to go down the field in both games at the end and win.

San Fran was a classic "trap" game after an emotional (and well-deserved, by the way) win in NO. They can still improve but I am glad they are doing it while winning instead of the other way around.

Also San Fran is a better team than their 0-4 record suggest. Just like you said seasons are defined based on whether you win or lose those close games, and I believe the Niners last 2 or 3 games have been close games they just couldn't close out.

This team's rushing defense was good from the start, but it's improving week by week. The pass defense is still about league average, but that's an improvement over last year, and they're showing the propensity to generate turnovers to offset a lot of yards allowed. At the finish of this week's games, we have the top defense in the NFC in terms of points per game allowed.

We've had a little luck, but not phenomenal luck, and we did lose an OT game to offset some of that. If the defense continues to improve, and there aren't too many significant injuries, this team could very well win 12 games. To me, that seems to hinge on next week's game against Philly. If we can win that one, we would be 5-1 with only 3 elite opponents left (NO, GB, and Baltimore), and all of those would be played at home. We would be favored in every other game, though admittedly, only the two games against Carolina are gimmies. If it pans out, the game against NO at home could be played for the right to a first-round bye, which would make for a classic Falcons-Saints game.