• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Woodson on NBA Channel Last Night!

JackB1

Did anyone catch Woody as a "special guest" on the NBA Channel last night during their 1/2 hour highlites show?

I wonder if they are "auditioning" him for a possible job? I can't imagine anyone as monotone and boring as Woodson

would do well on the tube, but who knows? Funny thing was, they didn't ask him to comment on the Hawks/Wiz highlites.

Very strange.

Edited by JackB1

Woodson lives in Atlanta and so is the NBA network studio, so makes sense to bring him in for an audition. That said, I wouldn't bring him in to do any commenting. Guy mumbles.

Woodson lives in Atlanta and so is the NBA network studio, so makes sense to bring him in for an audition. That said, I wouldn't bring him in to do any commenting. Guy mumbles.

I don't get that. Having listen to him and talked with him, he speaks very well. He has a deliberate mid-west delivery. You guys just picky.

• Moderators

I don't get that. Having listen to him and talked with him, he speaks very well. He has a deliberate mid-west delivery. You guys just picky.

I definitely have that East Coast bias!

But poor Woody either didn't know how to adjust C-Webb's studio chair, or was just slumped down so low he was almost chin-level with the desk. He had that "You all know I should be coaching SOMEWHERE by now, right?" look on his face on the occasions he dared to look away from the host and into the camera. He refused to play reindeer games with 3-D during the latter's many attempts at humorous banter during the game reviews, especially the Hawx-Wiz matchup. His demeanor was like Smitch's, after he got canned by the Raptors and the phone wasn't ringing off the hook (I think phones still had hooks then), it was clear he really didn't want to be there "commentating".

Anybody catch after the Celtics-Sixers review, did Woody say he recently helped Boston with scouting or something? He got dragged into commentary about how good Boston is, and that's what I thought I heard through the under-his-breath mutters, but wasn't sure.

~lw3

He may be much better in person, but in the interviews I've heard with him, he mumbles. Part of that could be that he really didn't want to be talking to the media, but he was the voice of the team.

In terms of bias, I'm from the South, so sloooow Southern drawls are what I'm used to. Lived in Connecticut a while as well, so I can understand Bostonian. Woody's non-accent doesn't bother me. He just needs to project a little more when talking on camera or radio.

By NBA Channel, do you mean, NBA TV?

If so, this sucks. The one night I didn't watch is the one time Woody was there? I'm hoping to find a video of the episode on NBA.com though. I wouldn't mind Woody as an analyst though. He can't be much worse than Sam Mitchell right? Plus, I'd like to see how much Coach Woodson knows about the NBA.