Do the Falcons really need a new stadium?

Wurider05

I don't think that they need a new stadium. The State of Georgia owns the Dome and makes money off of it. On top of that Goddell and Blank want an open air stadium. Do they really think Atlantans are going to sit in the rain, cold, or snow to watch a football game. I don't care if Mike Vick was still here these folks are not sitting in bad weather to watch a game. You know that they aren't even filling up the DOME.

I don't think that they need a new stadium. The State of Georgia owns the Dome and makes money off of it. On top of that Goddell and Blank want an open air stadium. Do they really think Atlantans are going to sit in the rain, cold, or snow to watch a football game. I don't care if Mike Vick was still here these folks are not sitting in bad weather to watch a game. You know that they aren't even filling up the DOME.

But the NFL has said pretty much that if we want to host the super bowl again that we have to get a new stadium

• Moderators

But the NFL has said pretty much that if we want to host the super bowl again that we have to get a new stadium

And then we get that slippery ice-rain like we had the last Super Bowl Weekend and the NFL will swear never to return, anyway. They didn't even like the outdoors Super Bowl weather when the game was played inside.

Georgia Dome seems to be in fine enough shape to me for any sporting event. I think Blank likes the potential flexibility of having an outdoor primary stadium with an indoor option as a backup.

That said, as long as they put in that rollover roof (ex. Seattle Mariners?) for our fair weather fans, the Falcons would be okay attendance-wise... assuming, as usual, there's an exciting-enough and winning product on the field.

~lw3