Josh wants to be a SF

tbhawksfan

• Premium Member

Bibby

JJ

Smoove

Horf

Collins

Collins at center until we trade marv for haywood lol.

Exactly. Even if Heywood is an old man. Our moving Smoove to 3 is dependent on what C we can get.

The truth is that it's not a question of can Smoove play the 3. The real point is that Horf does a very good job at the 4. Horf has to work much harder as a 5. The Indy game shows that. Somebody might say 16 and 16 is great, however, Horf had 35% from the field. Whereas pick a game where he started at the 4. Let's say against Orlando. 16 and 10 with 50% shooting from the field. Now, Hibbert is no Howard but you see a world of difference in when Horf plays 4.

We just need to get a more capable C in there with him. Too bad we gave up on Shaq.

Bibby

JJ

Smoove

Horf

Collins

Collins at center until we trade marv for haywood lol.

I think pg is just as much as a problem as center. Bibby cant penetrate, and he cant play defense. Teague can penetrate, play pretty good defense, but he cant shoot. We need a pg who can play defense, penetrate, and shoot. Just a pg and center away from being ELITE with that lineup.
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

I think pg is just as much as a problem as center. Bibby cant penetrate, and he cant play defense. Teague can penetrate, play pretty good defense, but he cant shoot. We need a pg who can play defense, penetrate, and shoot. Just a pg and center away from being ELITE with that lineup.

+1 and the sooner the Hawks recognize this, the better.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Placing Horf at his natural position is also a plus

The downside is now you have to start someone who is clearly not a starter quality player at C in Collins or Zaza. If it works, then go for it. But I don't know that a Collins/Horford/Smith lineup is really better than Horford/Smith/Marvin.

You have to evaluate based on the total lineup and how that plays out. From what we have seen so far, we should continue to spend time in the big lineup every game and see how it plays out. I am just not convinced that we are going to be happy with Collins or Zaza as our starter.

• Premium Member

The downside is now you have to start someone who is clearly not a starter quality player at C in Collins or Zaza. If it works, then go for it. But I don't know that a Collins/Horford/Smith lineup is really better than Horford/Smith/Marvin.

You have to evaluate based on the total lineup and how that plays out. From what we have seen so far, we should continue to spend time in the big lineup every game and see how it plays out. I am just not convinced that we are going to be happy with Collins or Zaza as our starter.

I agree that the big lineup should continue to be evaluated. However, if we're honest about it, Marvin isn't really a starter quality player either. What Collins does that Marvin doesn't is he allows both Josh and Al to have physical advantages over their opponents which we've seen they've taken full advantage of on both ends of the floor and especially on the boards. By the way, it's funny we refer to this lineup as "Big" when in comparison to all the elite teams in the league, it's not big at all. Lol.

I agree that the big lineup should continue to be evaluated. However, if we're honest about it, Marvin isn't really a starter quality player either. What Collins does that Marvin doesn't is he allows both Josh and Al to have physical advantages over their opponents which we've seen they've taken full advantage of on both ends of the floor and especially on the boards. By the way, it's funny we refer to this lineup as "Big" when in comparison to all the elite teams in the league, it's not big at all. Lol.

You will have to give me some examples of this.

People seem to forget that both Smith and Horford were having strong years before JJ went down. Horfords biggest rebounding game this month was last game when he started at center. Smith is averaging only 7 rebounds a game this month.

• Premium Member

You will have to give me some examples of this.

People seem to forget that both Smith and Horford were having strong years before JJ went down. Horfords biggest rebounding game this month was last game when he started at center. Smith is averaging only 7 rebounds a game this month.

Perhaps I should say the team numbers on the boards have been stronger with this lineup. Both games against Orlando, @ Minnesota and against New Jersey show this. In both these games, Josh and Al have had easier times scoring in the post, which brought double teams, which in turn led to better looks for others.

Perhaps I should say the team numbers on the boards have been stronger with this lineup. Both games against Orlando, @ Minnesota and against New Jersey show this. In both these games, Josh and Al have had easier times scoring in the post, which brought double teams, which in turn led to better looks for others.

So 4 games show this? Uhh..ok

Looks like you are just making assumptions. I haven't seen any numbers to back up your opinions. The "it's true because i say so" logic isn't very convincing.

So how many ppg are we getting from the center spot are we getting when Horford starts at the 4? Somehow i doubt that you bothered to crunch those numbers.

So 4 games show this? Uhh..ok

Looks like you are just making assumptions. I haven't seen any numbers to back up your opinions. The "it's true because i say so" logic isn't very convincing.

So how many ppg are we getting from the center spot are we getting when Horford starts at the 4? Somehow i doubt that you bothered to crunch those numbers.

It gets evened out because Marvin wouldnt be in the starting line up anymore.

Instead of marv as the black hole on offense it becomes Collins...what's the big deal. I think you just hate the fact its not a traditional lineup.

edit:

Edited by ISOJoe

It gets evened out because Marvin wouldnt be in the starting line up anymore.

Instead of marv as the black hole on offense it becomes Collins...what's the big deal. I think you just hate the fact its not a traditional lineup.

edit:

How is Marvin a black hole? I have seen him accused of a lot of thinks but that has never been one of them. If anything he is too unselfish.

As bad as Marvin has been he is still a light year better than Collins on offense. Marvin is averaging 10 ppg shooting 47%. Collins would struggle to score 10 points in an empty gym.

Defensively nobody mentions the job Marvin just did on Granger. Typical.

If we had a center other than Horford that wasn't a garbage can then Smith at the 3 could be more legitimately argued. Right now it can't. The only time it should be used is when the Hawks are facing a center that is too big for Horford to handle.

Edited by exodus

How is Marvin a black hole? I have seen him accused of a lot of thinks but that has never been one of them. If anything he is too unselfish.

As bad as Marvin has been he is still a light year better than Collins on offense. Marvin is averaging 10 ppg shooting 47%. Collins would struggle to score 10 points in an empty gym.

Defensively nobody mentions the job Marvin just did on Granger. Typical.

If we had a center other than Horford that wasn't a garbage can then Smith at the 3 could be more legitimately argued. Right now it can't. The only time it should be used is when the Hawks are facing a center that is too big for Horford to handle.

Well buddy your in the minority in your opinion its ok. Luckily L.D and many hawks fans think otherwise.