Hedo, J-Rich and Gil to Orlando?

lethalweapon3

• Moderators

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5932861

The Orlando Magic, already in serious trade talks with the Washington Wizards about acquiring Gilbert Arenas, are close to pulling off a separate trade with the Phoenix Suns, according to league sources.

The proposed trade, which one source gave a "90 percent" chance of happening, would return former Magic star Hedo Turkoglu, along with Jason Richardson, to Orlando in exchange for Vince Carter and Marcin Gortat.

The deal is likely to be completed within the next 24 hours, according to the sources.

"It's safe to say that it's imminent," one source said. "It's very close. There's always a chance it could fall apart, but it's 90 percent done."

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orlando-magic/os-orlando-magic-trade-20101218,0,7827630.story

Orlando Magic President of Basketball Operations Otis Smith acknowledged on Saturday morning that trade discussions have heated up in recent days with other teams, including the Washington Wizards, who have guard Gilbert Arenas.

Smith said on a scale of 1 to 10 the seriousness of conversations with the Wizards is an "8."

"We're talking to each other quite frequently, but we'll see where it goes," Smith said after the Magic completed their shootaround to prepare to face the Philadelphia 76ers tonight.

All healthy Magic players participated in this morning's shootaround, coach Stan Van Gundy said. That includes combo forward Rashard Lewis and shooting guard Vince Carter, who have been mentioned as possible Magic trade chips.

"I circled the West Coast trip on our schedule a long time ago," Smith said. "The West Coast trip, to me, was going to decide whether or not we're going to either fix our woes or continue down the same path. I don't think we've played particularly well leading up to the West Coast trip. So, we were on the West Coast trip and some of our woes continued, so you start to explore opportunities that are out there." Speculation about a deal between the Wizards and the Magic has popped up intermittently ever since the summer, with Smith denying talks about Arenas each time -- until today.

~lw3

• Moderators

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/wizardsinsider/2010/12/report-wizards-in-serious-disc.html

Arenas has long been rumored to be headed to Orlando, where he would be reunited with friend and mentor Otis Smith. The Wizards spoke with the Magic last summer about making a deal for Vince Carter but while those conversations stalled, they never ended.

After the Wizards lost to the Los Angeles Lakers on Tuesday, Arenas privately told people that a deal could possibly be in the works with either Orlando or Charlotte. Word started to spread throughout Verizon Center that evening.

Wizards owner Ted Leonsis denied an Internet report earlier this month that the team was engaged in trade talks with Orlando. Leonsis also said last month that "Gilbert is not going anywhere."

~lw3

PHX-ORL part of the deal now official. Vince and Peaches are Suns. E55 goes to the Magic as well.

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns/articles/2010/12/18/20101218phoenix-suns-orlando-magic-close-6-player-trade.html

The Phoenix Suns have agreed to acquire big man Marcin Gortat and swingmen Vince Carter and Mickael Pietrus from the Orlando Magic in exchange for Jason Richardson, Hedo Turkoglu and Earl Clark.The trade, expected to be made official this afternoon, will also give Phoenix a 2011 first-round pick and $3 million.

The Suns lose their leading scorer in Richardson, who had an expiring contract and was unlikely to get an extension with Phoenix. They also unload Turkoglu's contract and bring in Gortat to give them a starter-quality big man who can improve the team's interior defense and rebounding.

The Magic also are in serious trade talks with the Washington Wizards about acquiring former Arizona star Gilbert Arenas.

• Moderators

Is this about right? (does Arenas start and J-Rich move to SF? does Gortat start ahead of Lopez? does Washington end their 3-guard experiment?)

Jameer/Arenas/Duhon/WhiteChoc

J-Rich/Redick

Hedo/Q-Rich

Bass/Anderson/Clark

Dwight/Malik /Orton

Nash/Dragic

Wince/Peaches/Chillz

GHill/Dudley

Frye/Warrick/Lawal

Gortat/Lopez/Barron/Siler

Wall/Hinrich

Young/Gee

Shard/Thornton/Booker

Blatche/Yi /Seraphin

McGee/Hilton/N’Diaye

~lw3

• Premium Member

I disagree with everyone saying that Arenas is a terrible fit in Orlando. I can't think of a better place for Arenas than the home of Fantasyland :snowballfight:

• Like 1

• Moderators

I left out J-Ho and Cartier from the Wiz roster

Wall/Hinrich

Young/Howard/Gee/Martin

Shard/Thornton/Booker

Blatche/Yi /Seraphin

McGee/Hilton/N’Diaye

I see the Wiz not being done making moves yet (probably involving Thornton or Yi, now that Howard is back). The Magic is probably not through either, assuming they find a need to replenish their depth at Center behind Dwight.

~lw3

I disagree with everyone saying that Arenas is a terrible fit in Orlando. I can't think of a better place for Arenas than the home of Fantasyland :snowballfight:

Arenas is a good fit. He brings to the table what Magic have been missing: volume scoring (which VC failed to deliever) and good passing skills (better than Nelson's).