• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

attending 1st Hawks game - need help

VanExelfan

Hey Hawks Fans.

Im attending my first Hawks game in a few weeks (Feb 5), I Live in Australia and am making the trip to ATL to see the Hawks. Im after some info on a few things before I come. Ive been a huge Nick Van Exel fan my whole life (Became a fan of his when he played college for Cincy) and he is now currently an assistant for the Hawks. Below are a few things id like some info on before I arrive, any help would be really appreciated.

* Does anybody have the email address of phone number of the PR Department?

* Nick Van Exel recently was assigned to the D-League to help Pape Sy, anybody know when he will be back?

* Anybody have any advice or tips for getting an autograph and maybe a photo?

* Does Nick Van Exel come out pre-game to do pre-game workouts with players?

* Does the team store do on the spot custom jerseys?

Im so thankful for any help you guys can provide, this is a once in a lifetime trip and opportunity for me and Im really looking forward to seeing the Hawks. Im a huge Van Exel fan from his playing days but am really starting to like the Hawks, Jamal Crawford is quickly becoming a favourite of mine (Please get him re-signed!).

Thanks.

• Like 1

Hey Hawks Fans.

Im attending my first Hawks game in a few weeks (Feb 5), I Live in Australia and am making the trip to ATL to see the Hawks. Im after some info on a few things before I come. Ive been a huge Nick Van Exel fan my whole life (Became a fan of his when he played college for Cincy) and he is now currently an assistant for the Hawks. Below are a few things id like some info on before I arrive, any help would be really appreciated.

* Does anybody have the email address of phone number of the PR Department?

* Nick Van Exel recently was assigned to the D-League to help Pape Sy, anybody know when he will be back?

* Anybody have any advice or tips for getting an autograph and maybe a photo?

* Does Nick Van Exel come out pre-game to do pre-game workouts with players?

* Does the team store do on the spot custom jerseys?

Im so thankful for any help you guys can provide, this is a once in a lifetime trip and opportunity for me and Im really looking forward to seeing the Hawks. Im a huge Van Exel fan from his playing days but am really starting to like the Hawks, Jamal Crawford is quickly becoming a favourite of mine (Please get him re-signed!).

Thanks.

Nick Van Exel is already back with the team, He was interviewed last night during a time out. As far as getting your autograph, good luck with that one. Your best bet is to come to the Hawks special event they are having on january 30th of this month, The Players and probably the coaches will be mingling with the public at this affair.

If you are able to position yourself(depends really on where your seat is) at the entrance to the locker rooms, then you might have a chance to get his attention while the players and coaches are headed there for half time, before practice or right after the game. Honestly, I would just yell his name if you see him headed that way and say you are here from Australia and would love an autograph. Nobody else is probably going to be asking him for one so he just might come over and give you one real quick.

If you are able to position yourself(depends really on where your seat is) at the entrance to the locker rooms, then you might have a chance to get his attention while the players and coaches are headed there for half time, before practice or right after the game. Honestly, I would just yell his name if you see him headed that way and say you are here from Australia and would love an autograph. Nobody else is probably going to be asking him for one so he just might come over and give you one real quick.

^^^^

This is probably your best bet. Yes he does come out during pregame warm ups, and yes the arena does do on the spot custom jersey's. Just go to what I believe is called the "team gear" store and ask them where to get it done, "team gear" doesn't actually do it but there is a little shop around it that does.

Goog to see another Australian Hawks fan on here. I've been to about 7 games at Philips Arena and it gets better every time. Sorry I can't help you with your quest on getting NVEs autograph. I was able to secure Dominique's autograph the last time I was there, and really made my last trip there.

Have a great time!

Rick

• Like 1

Thanks for all the help, Id love to have been able to attend the team function on the 30th but only just found out about it from this thread. Ill be Hawaii at the time as im going to the NFL Pro Bowl, had I have known I would have come to Atlanta instead.

I was after the the email address of the PR department to see if I could write ahead of time and explain my situation, but fortunately I did buy tickets right near the players entrance to the court. Im going to 2 road games, one in New York and one in LA so hopefully If I miss out I may be able to be successful there. Does anybody know if NVE goes on the road with the team? Id assume he would.

Thanks again for all the help, cant wait to be there live.

• Moderators

Go to the Hawks website and email your aspirations (even that you will travel mfrom so far away) to Arthur Triche. He may have an autographed picture waiting for you.

I think that is a great idea. Just try to get your email to a few people over there and see if they can do anything. Coming from Australia is a great hook and you've got nothing to lose. Nothing ventured, nothing gained!

Im no NVE stalker, I have a girlfriend! I just collect peronalised autographes, games on DVD and jersey's (Im a Basketball junkie). Considering NVE was my favourite player during my childhood, I cant think of anything cooler than my huge NVE poster personally signed to me framed and hanging from my wall. A photo with him would also be awesome. Who in Australia could say they ever got to meet there favourite NBA player? not many.

Ill email Arthur Triche and try my luck, no harm in trying. The help here has been great, thanks to everyone who took the time to reply and help me out.

• Like 1

Goog to see another Australian Hawks fan on here. I've been to about 7 games at Philips Arena and it gets better every time. Sorry I can't help you with your quest on getting NVEs autograph. I was able to secure Dominique's autograph the last time I was there, and really made my last trip there.

Have a great time!

Rick

wow i thought i was the only one. im from AUS too...now i notice 2 more!!!

LOVE THE HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!

im heading to the states in march....hopefully get time to catch a hawks game :D :D

but cant wait for the game on ONE HD tomorrow..im taking a sick day just to watch it :D

I tried to find Arthur Triche's email address using the Hawks staff directory but they do not list the individual email addresses of staff. I emailed hawks.service@atlantaspirit.com as this is the only email address I could find on the site although I emailed this about a month ago without responce.

I have a bunch of old Hawks games on DVD from the 80's, 90's and 00's, If anybody can help me out ill gladly make copies of your choice and give them to you for your help.

To see what games I have I have a website at http://bradssportgames.weebly.com