• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Rockets looking to move Aaron Brooks before trade deadline

AnthonyI11

http://dimemag.com/2011/02/nba-trade-rumor-knicks-asking-about-aaron-brooks/

This may be all speculation, but in there it says a close source says the rockets are trying to move him because Aaron Brooks has been coming off the bench since he returned from injury. If there is any truth to this I think the Hawks should desperately make an attempt at him.

• Premium Member

Brooks doesn't play well off the ball, is not really a pass-first PG, and doesn't defend well...but really that's true of all the PGs mentioned in rumors in connection with the Hawks with the exception of Nash (who can play off the ball and distribute, at least, but can't defend). We have guys who can score at the PG position, just not anyone who can defend. Brooks doesn't help in that regard.

That being said, I'd do Crawford for Brooks and Battier, but the Rockets would have no reason to go for that deal.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Hawks could probably trade Bibby straight up for Brooks. At this point the Rockets just want to get him the hell out of there. I doubt they'll even expect much back in compensation.

Hawks could probably trade Bibby straight up for Brooks. At this point the Rockets just want to get him the hell out of there. I doubt they'll even expect much back in compensation.

Isn't easier to just let him walk next season if all they want is him out?