• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

JORDAN CRAWFORD FOR RAMON SESSION?

JohnnyCASH

I don't wanna do Teague for Sessions. I also don't wanna do JC2 for sessions.....It's funny but the guys that I hope we don't trade are:

JJ

Horford

Smoove

JC2

I really like JC2 and think he's gonna be a star in this league....please don't trade him Hawks...we've got a gem in JC2 and I hope management realizes this and doesnt trade him.

That makes sense because JC2 & Teague are solid contributors in the rotation. They avg like 25 mins each & without them we will be below .500.

Let's see if I can apply some clarity to this thread.

Take the top 3 players off of most any team in the NBA. Insert JJ, Josh, Al. Is that team a + .500 win team?

Let's try for a moment. Think hard. Use Miami as an example. Take away Lebron, Wade, Bosh. Could a team with Chalmers at the point and Big Z at the center win 41 with JJ, Josh and Al? I believe it could and would.

So let's not perceive anyone on the team untouchable at this point except for those 3. for the sake of argument anyway.

Trade assets in order of Salary/attractiveness (from my perspective).

Jamal - 10 million/expiring.

Mo Evans - 2.5 million/expiring

Josh Powell - 992,680/expiring

Marvin Williams - 6.7 million / 4 years remaining (starter on 50% of the teams in the league at the 3 or 4).

Jeff Teague - 1.5 million / 3 years remaining (backup on 50% of teams in the league...cheap)

Zaza Pachulia - 4.2 million (there are teams out there worse off than us at center, Zaza would be a cheap starter).

Rest are all filler, little value in the league.

I believe the Hawks have their 1st round draft picks for 2011,12,13 all available. I believe the Hawks have all 3 second rounders, Houstons 2nd rounder in 2011(David Anderson trade) and Phoenix's in 2012 (childress trade)

So what does that = you ask? there is 27 million in contract to trade. About 16 million of which is expiring. there are at most 2 first and 5 second round picks to trade. There is also a trade exception to use in the event you want to take back a post season rental (for ex: Melo).

Edited by thecampster

How are you going to bring Smith off the bench with Bibby and Collins starting. We just don't have enough overall talent as a team to do Smith like Lamar Odom, Manu a couple of years ago, or AK-47. I like the idea of bringing Smith off the bench as a super sub like Jamal is. We just don't have the personnel.

The same way we bring Marvin off the bench with Bibby and Collins starting. lol! If it was up to me, Bibby WOULDNT be starting.

I'd go with

Starters:Teague/Jamal/JJ/Josh/Al

Bench:Bibby/Damien/Marvin/Powell/Collins

JC2/Etan

DNP Coach's decision: Mo/Zaza

Edited by terrell

open question for anyone:

Would Teague put up numbers equaling to or better than Sessions if their roles were reversed?

OR

Could it be that Teague + opportunity = Sessions ?

I think this is a definite NO. Sessions came out as a rookie 8 PPG, 7.5 APG, 2.1 APG in 26.5 MPG during very 17 games that year. Yes, that's more MPG than Teague is getting but I just don't see it. Mind you, Teague should have been getting more MPG early even at the cost of a game or two so that he either could be more ready and we could determine his future with us. This might be my biggest complaint with "Larry the coaching guy".

W