If Harris gets traded to Denver in the Melo deal

capstone21

• Admin

We should make a play for him.

Denver wants to have Lawson take the team over at point and so we might be able to pry Harris away from them.

A package of Crawford (expiring) and Teague (backup pg) for Harris (3 years) and someone to make it fit might work.

I would do it if Denver would. Looks like they are starting over and going younger

Harris would be a great fit here.

I think Denver might consider it if we make a deal something like:

Jamal / Teague / 1st

for

Harris / Harrington (4 years remaining after this year on contract)

That would help them to clear up some cap room quickly and gets them a quality guard for this year (and perhaps beyond) and a player with potential for future years.

I'm not crazy about adding Harrington but he'd (along with Bibby) make up for the scoring loss of Jamal (Jamal when he's actually scoring that is) off the bench and Harris would make us significantly better at PG and overall with our starting lineup.

We could trot out a 2nd lineup of:

Bibby

Evans/JC2

Marvin

Harrington

Zaza

I think that would be enough to at least keep us in games when our starters need some rest and in many cases they may actually out perform the other teams bench.

We should make a play for him.

Denver wants to have Lawson take the team over at point and so we might be able to pry Harris away from them.

A package of Crawford (expiring) and Teague (backup pg) for Harris (3 years) and someone to make it fit might work.

I would do it if Denver would. Looks like they are starting over and going younger

Harris would be a great fit here.

It surely makes sense! However, it would be all up to Denver and assessment of their PG situation (Ty/Harris)... Also, hand-full of other teams would go after Harris. Blazers are one team that openly show interest in him...

out of all the point guards available devin harris is my ideal choice. But we just dont have any pieces that the nuggets want. I have read that denver wants cheap(ones that r still on rookie contract) proven young talent for devin harris when/if they get him.

Edited by yungsta

I think Denver might consider it if we make a deal something like:

Jamal / Teague / 1st

for

Harris / Harrington (4 years remaining after this year on contract)

That would help them to clear up some cap room quickly and gets them a quality guard for this year (and perhaps beyond) and a player with potential for future years.

I'm not crazy about adding Harrington but he'd (along with Bibby) make up for the scoring loss of Jamal (Jamal when he's actually scoring that is) off the bench and Harris would make us significantly better at PG and overall with our starting lineup.

We could trot out a 2nd lineup of:

Bibby

Evans/JC2

Marvin

Harrington

Zaza

I think that would be enough to at least keep us in games when our starters need some rest and in many cases they may actually out perform the other teams bench.

You do that all day. Harrington is a solid backup at PF/SF for a couple of years. And even though he has a bad contract getting a true PG in Harris really makes up for it. But there is that big "if" factor about Harris even being shipped.

What if it's NY and Felton and not NJ and Harris? Do you think Denver would want to further trade at least 1 of their UNC pgs? I would love Felton although I wouldn't expect the impressive numbers found under D'antoni's system with Amare. My dream deal would be Crawford/2 protected 1sts for Felton and Afflalo. Don't see how we could reasonably get both Felton and Nene.

W

• Admin

What if it's NY and Felton and not NJ and Harris? Do you think Denver would want to further trade at least 1 of their UNC pgs? I would love Felton although I wouldn't expect the impressive numbers found under D'antoni's system with Amare. My dream deal would be Crawford/2 protected 1sts for Felton and Afflalo. Don't see how we could reasonably get both Felton and Nene.

W

I think Felton would be a good get too. I agree that he won't put up the same numbers but he can run an offense and he will provide more D then Bibby

Just thought of a deal for Nene/Felton.

MW/Bibby or (ZaZa/Teague)/Crawford/2, 1sts UNprotected for Nene/Felton/Afflalo

Felton/Bibby

JJ/Afflalo

JS/Wilkens

Horford/Powell

Nene/Collins

I can dream.