• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Another New Jersey Idea

txsting

I'd rather not take Murphy, but he is expiring, and if it helps get Harris......

Harris/Murphy for Crawford/Zaza/Mo (and the 1st round pick if necessary)

Murphy I guess is not injured, just in a disagreement with coaching/management?? Anyway he would fit well in Drew's offensive system, as a guy who can knock down open looks. Zaza should be attractive as a backup to Brook Lopez. Mo just makes the money work, and it helps that he's expiring for NJ.

This is a good money deal for the Hawks, since Murphy is expiring. For NJ, they solve two headache problems in one move, they gain a good depth piece in Zaza, and they will have dibs on resigning Craw. And they increase financial flexibility. Obviously NJ loses big time on talent.

• Admin

I'd rather not take Murphy, but he is expiring, and if it helps get Harris......

Harris/Murphy for Crawford/Zaza/Mo (and the 1st round pick if necessary)

Murphy I guess is not injured, just in a disagreement with coaching/management?? Anyway he would fit well in Drew's offensive system, as a guy who can knock down open looks. Zaza should be attractive as a backup to Brook Lopez. Mo just makes the money work, and it helps that he's expiring for NJ.

This is a good money deal for the Hawks, since Murphy is expiring. For NJ, they solve two headache problems in one move, they gain a good depth piece in Zaza, and they will have dibs on resigning Craw. And they increase financial flexibility. Obviously NJ loses big time on talent.

I don't think they are going to give an expiring player like Murphy for Zaza

The weird thing is I think Zaza is more valable to us. Murphy is a completely perimeter player. He does not go in an mess around on the offensive end. Zaza, although limited will bang both on the offense and defense and does have a post game. We have plenty of perimeter players...we have very few guys who will go in the post. I am not saying Zaza is better then Murphy...he is not but for us he might be more valuable.