• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Does it Matter that we got Kirk Possibly?

phoostal

Listen I want a trade as much as the next guy but getting Kirk or Sessions does it really matter? We aren't going to take a significant move in the standing with either.

It's just disappointing to know that we could have had a chance for Williams or even Harris and we come up with these two. I guess it is better than nothing.

But, ASG and Sund never dare to become great. Make the move to trade josh, jamal, teague, jc2, two first round picks for Williams and fillers. I want an ownership that dares to be great, not status quo.

At this point I almost would have preferred no trade or instead dump salary and start over. All Kirk and Sessions is going to do is prolong the inevitable, which is not becoming elite.

I still say getting rid of Smith will help this team tremendously and right now he has high trade value. For all the good he does, his bad is far worse because it holds the team back. Yes, they need a pg and c, but he could help make up for that with better bball iq and his attitude. The worse thing is holding onto this guy, because his value is only going to go down. I hope it doesn't it just seems like he is on downward slide as well as the team.

Well at least we made a trade. Still don't think Kirk is going to make a big difference. Unless ASG/Sund has a trick up their sleeve. Not holding my breath on that one though.

P

• Premium Member

Getting Kirk Hinrich acknowledges that

1. Management knows that Hawks aren't going to do anything with this core

2. Joe doesn't need to guard the opposing point guard

3. We have a REAL point guard!!!!

#2 is so key that it's not even funny. We go through so much crap trying to cover for the fact that Bibby and Jamal couldn't defend a comatose turtle, and it exhausts the entire rest of the team.

I believe everyone it is an upgrade by leaps and bounds over Bibby. But that is because Bibby is awful. Don't you think that this is just a band aid for this team? It really isn't going to make this team jump anyone in the standings. Maybe I'm way off base, but I would have moved pretty much everyone on the roster for Williams. Just get the feeling ASG/Sund won't do that, they over value these guys and don't dare to take chances. We have let these guys play and we know what we got. Quit thinking things are going to change already.

Getting Kirk Hinrich acknowledges that

1. Management knows that Hawks aren't going to do anything with this core

2. Joe doesn't need to guard the opposing point guard

3. We have a REAL point guard!!!!

How is Hinrich a real point guard? He'll bring the ball up court and hand it off to Joe just like Bibby did.

No, he does not bring anyone to the box office and he does not push up in the standings because he is not what we needed. We still don't have a player in the top 40 at getting to the FT line. When Harris and even Mr. D League would have taken care of that.