790 the Zone this morning

thecampster

Per the guys on Mayhem in the AM, the plan is a lineup of

Hinrich

Crawford

JJ

Smith

Horford

Bringing Marvin and Zaza first off the bench. Collins may start on big lineups. Change in personnel is they wish to run people out of the building (ie...Bibby couldn't). Anyone else hear anything else similar with Hinrich/Crawford starting together?

Hinrich

Crawford

JJ

Smith

Horford

Bringing Marvin and Zaza first off the bench. Collins may start on big lineups. Change in personnel is they wish to run people out of the building (ie...Bibby couldn't). Anyone else hear anything else similar with Hinrich/Crawford starting together?

That will be interesting to watch. Even is that lineup does not start that will be the lineup that finishes games. Hinrich's versility looks like it will allow the Hawks to change both defensive plilosophy (less help defense) and offensive philosophy ( more up tempo ). Though he is older then Sessions he is far more well rounded since he plays better defense and shoots better from the perimeter.

Edited by coachx

:thumbsdownsmileyanim:

Starting the worst defender left on the team with the new PG doesn't sound reasonable.

Hawks may start the same PG as we did last game. Let the new guy come in off the bench

for a game or two until he gets his bearings. Nothing wrong with that.

I remember an old commercial. "Does she or doesn't she? Only her hairdresser knows for sure."

(Talking about hair dye.)

Whe will start? Only our head coach knows for sure - - And, he may not have decided yet.

:conversation:

:thumbsdownsmileyanim:

Starting the worst defender left on the team with the new PG doesn't sound reasonable.

Hawks may start the same PG as we did last game. Let the new guy come in off the bench

for a game or two until he gets his bearings. Nothing wrong with that.

I remember an old commercial. "Does she or doesn't she? Only her hairdresser knows for sure."

(Talking about hair dye.)

Whe will start? Only our head coach knows for sure - - And, he may not have decided yet.

:conversation:

I'd be very surprised if Hinrich DIDN'T start tonight. Even with Teague starting against PHX last game, he still only played what... like 20 minutes. I wouldn't expect to see him (Teague) play more than ~14 minutes tonight, if that.

Remember that we're playing Golden State tonight, so we need all the offense we can get (which is why that lineup makes some sense). Plus GS isn't a big team so we don't need to start Collins at C.

That doesn't make sense...we remove the weakness on defense at the PG spot only to have it at the SG spot? If you think Jamal is horrible guarding PG's he will get eaten alive by the SG's. Jamal needs to still come off the bench, the bench is already weak we need Jamal's scoring from the bench, the starting lineup is set offensively...defense was the problem.

I say we start Teague (doesn't have to be a lot of minutes) until the end of the road trip to give Kirk a chance to get acclimated.

Who finishes the game will depend on the situations we are in.

That doesn't make sense...we remove the weakness on defense at the PG spot only to have it at the SG spot? If you think Jamal is horrible guarding PG's he will get eaten alive by the SG's. Jamal needs to still come off the bench, the bench is already weak we need Jamal's scoring from the bench, the starting lineup is set offensively...defense was the problem.

I say we start Teague (doesn't have to be a lot of minutes) until the end of the road trip to give Kirk a chance to get acclimated.

Who finishes the game will depend on the situations we are in.

this is what i want start teague and have hinrich and jamal come off the bench much more fire power off the bench

Hinrich and Crawford have played together in the same lineup before so I don't see why they can't again. You could say this gives Teague the opportunity to be the primary PG backup and increase his minutes and Marvin should be able to provide minutes at sg, sf, and pf as needed. Jamal will have to play within the offense though. Can't have him taking volume shots like he would off the bench. We have 4 other very capable scorers so we need to keep the ball moving and get our easy baskets.

It depends on the team you are playing whether that line-up will work. ....Example: If we are playing Miami/Boston....you can't have Jamal and Joe guarding Wade and Lebron/Ray and Pierce/...Marvin plays good positional defense on LBJ and Pierce.

• Moderators

As long as you mix and match starters and reserves and don't do whole-sale changes of the lineup, I don't have a problem with our top offensive options being on the floor together. If you are going to play a dedicated "second unit" then you should have someone like Crawford who can create their own shot.

• Like 2

Hinrich

Crawford

JJ

Smith

Horford

PERFECT. Absolutely perfect. Go ahead and start Jamal and move JJ to the SF like i've said all along. This lineup is our absolute best, can't wait to see this.

• Like 1