• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks interested in Rasual Butler

Brotha2ThaNite

Ok. Not opposed to this at all. We need someone else to play the 3 spot.

Really is more of a 2 but given his absolute lack of handles he got relegated to the 3 where he gives up at least 25 pounds every night despite his 6'8" frame. Beyond that he's yet another streak shooter and I think we have the market cornered on that.

Corey Brewer is sudden;y, of course, the best option out there. But everyone knows that. It appears that the race for him is strong and elite (Bos, SA, OKC, Dal). I wouldn't count on it.

But maybe, if we are looking at Butler, we might end up with one of these guys that can help us at the 3. Mo Pete, etc.

Brewer would be sweet, and another good defensive player to add to the mix. However our problem seems to be $$$$, and the unwillingness by the ASG to go over the luxury tax line, which I can't really fault them for not wanting to do that for players who are basically fungible. If you're getting a star, then yeah. Take the tax hit and don't worry about it. Anyone less than that though and it's probably not such a great idea, because they're likely to be not worth it.

So if Brewer (or anyone else really) were to be bought out, does anyone know how much money we'd be on the hook for if we were to sign him/them, and would that put us into luxury tax territory? Can we use our MLE, or what exactly is the deal with that? I've never understood that. :question:

Oh man I'd LOVE for us to add Brewer! He's a very good defender and a solid rebounder for his position ... remember he had what 18-19 rebounds on us in a game a couple of years ago? He's talented enough that he could end up starting at SF for us with a larger than average PG (Hinrich) and SG (JJ) flanking him.

I seriously doubt that we'll add anyone but I'll be hoping for this one as much as I was hoping for the Big Z signing last year.

Oh man I'd LOVE for us to add Brewer! He's a very good defender and a solid rebounder for his position ... remember he had what 18-19 rebounds on us in a game a couple of years ago? He's talented enough that he could end up starting at SF for us with a larger than average PG (Hinrich) and SG (JJ) flanking him.

It would be the ideal pickup for us considering the relationship with him and Al, and what we now lack at the SF position. Wishful thinking indeed.