Start Damien Wilkins

TeagueForMVP

What risk is there??

Wilkins is a better offensive player and a defensive player maybe not by alot but marvin is doing absolutely nothing out there.

Anybody agree?

I've noticed that some people get pretty upset when you speak against Marvin on this board. Not sure what he's done to garner such loyalty but that's just the way it is.

• Like 1

I've noticed that some people get pretty upset when you speak against Marvin on this board. Not sure what he's done to garner such loyalty but that's just the way it is.

Summer league MVP, few years back....... It's crazy how some people forget these things.....

Guest Walter

Some posters, generally a portion of the more seasoned ones, hitched their wagon to the MW bandwagon at the time of the draft (which was the franchise's biggest draft in at least the last 30 years, remember Wilkins was a 3rd overall pick). They said the mild-mannered 6th man at UNC was a future 10x all-star, etc. and worth not choosing a franchise Pg (My preference was Deron. I was pretty harsh against Paul but still wanted him over MW.). The arguments were pretty contentious, with those taking sides often digging in their heels. IMO, ANY defense of MW at this point has more to do with an attempt to preserve one's personal "investment" in MW than anything he's ever done on the court.

Even I (and that's saying alot) became invested in MW enough after watching him (and hoping despite the evidence) that I didn't hate the resigning. I felt he couldn't get worse (I was wrong) and might accidentally, somehow get better.

Truth is, once we drafted MW, we should've traded him before his first contract ended and the people that still defend him for personal reasons should at least be able to acknowledge this.

W

• Like 3

I notice alot of the NC guys are absolutely enamored with him for no other reason except him playing at UNC. Just about every rumored deal offered for the no. 2 pick would have been a win-win right now.

What risk is there??

Wilkins is a better offensive player and a defensive player maybe not by alot but marvin is doing absolutely nothing out there.

Anybody agree?

I agree. I honestly thought he was going to be starting by now. Marvin is such a bust. Seriously, look up the definition of bust in websters it says -- Atlanta Hawks 3rd pick Marvin Williams.

Edited by frankthetank966

The thing about this team is there are problems bigger than Marvin Williams. Don't pretend if Marvin goes the bench JJ is show up every night, Jamal Crawford will produce. Josh will hit the boards and play like a post player, and that LD will learn how to coach. Marvin starting or coming off the bench I don't care either way but you guys are stupid if you think that Marvin Williams is the biggest and only problem that this team has. Hell MArvin Williams might not be in the top 5 of problems on this team.

• Like 2

I don't care if Damien starts, at this point something has to change. We can't expect different results with the same crap everynight. Like ilive2ball said I don't see it as a huge risk. While we are at it, we might as well start Teague because unless he is on the floor with good players he is really bad.

What risk is there??

Anybody agree?

i agree and like the idea of wilkins starting.