• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What was the old joke about Bobby Cox?

niremetal

• Premium Member

What was the old joke about Bobby Cox? He makes the same moves as Joe Torre...but he makes them an inning too late. That pretty much sums up these Hawks.

• They landed JJ in late August 2005 through a trade. They should have gotten him in early July by signing him outright.
  • They drafted an All-Star in 2007. They should have gotten one in 2005.
  • They got a decent PG in early 2008. They should have gotten one in 2005.
  • They got a second 18+ ppg scoring threat to play alongside JJ in 2009. They should have done that no later than the summer of '08.
  • They replaced Woody with Drew this past summer. They should have done that in early 2008.
  • They traded for Kirk Hinrich last month, giving us someone who can both be an offensive threat and defend opposing PGs. They should have done that a year ago when Chicago was shopping him like mad.

And this summer, I have a feeling…

1. LD will be fired (should happen now)
  2. Jamal will be gone (should have happened at the deadline)

and either
  3. A) Josh will have shown that he can consistently work inside out like he did tonight (should have happened 4+ years ago), or
    B) Josh will be gone (should have happened at the deadline)

:kickcan:

Edited by niremetal
  • Like 4

What was the old joke about Bobby Cox? He makes the same moves as Joe Torre...but he makes them an inning too late. That pretty much sums up these Hawks.

• They landed JJ in late August 2005 through a trade. They should have gotten him in early July by signing him outright.
  • They drafted an All-Star in 2007. They should have gotten one in 2005.
  • They got a decent PG in early 2008. They should have gotten one in 2005.
  • They got a second 18+ ppg scoring threat to play alongside JJ in 2009. They should have done that no later than the summer of '08.
  • They replaced Woody with Drew this past summer. They should have done that in early 2008.
  • They traded for Kirk Hinrich last month, giving us someone who can both be an offensive threat and defend opposing PGs. They should have done that a year ago when Chicago was shopping him like mad.

And this summer, I have a feeling…

1. LD will be fired (should happen now)
  2. Jamal will be gone (should have happened at the deadline)

and either
  3. A) Josh will have shown that he can consistently work inside out like he did tonight (should have happened 4+ years ago), or
    B) Josh will be gone (should have happened at the deadline)

:kickcan:

I hope that my feeling that this organization will be owned by someone other than the Atlanta Spirit turns out to be true. I really feel this is our only hope to become competitive again. We are not a good team right now and no significant changes will be made with this organization over the summer. We have to have some very rich new ownership blood to help pull us out of this funk.

I have a trade idea:

Hawks trade:

Josh Smith

MarvIn Williams

Jason Collins

Wizards trade:

Rashard Lewis

Javale McGee

How does this sound?

Then the Hawks starting lineup could be:

PG - Kirk Hinrich

SG - Joe Johnson

SF - Rashard Lewis

PF - Al Horford

C - Javale McGee

This trade allows us to move Al to his natural PF spot while adding a good, tall center. WE KEEP JAMAL! We have Jamal on the bench as our 6th man. This lineup would be beast!!!

• Premium Member

I have a trade idea:

Hawks trade:

Josh Smith

MarvIn Williams

Jason Collins

Wizards trade:

Rashard Lewis

Javale McGee

How does this sound?

PG - Kirk Hinrich

SG - Joe Johnson

SF - Rashard Lewis

PF - Al Horford

C - Javale McGee

This trade allows us to move Al to his natural PF spot while adding a good, tall center. WE KEEP JAMAL! We have Jamal on the bench as our 6th man. This lineup would be beast!!!

Have the people who call for us to go after McGee ever actually watched McGee play? Because I had the misfortune of watching him regularly when I lived in DC, and I gotta say - the guy might win Olympic medals for his athleticism, but he is a terrible, terrible basketball player.

I have a trade idea:

Hawks trade:

Josh Smith

MarvIn Williams

Jason Collins

Wizards trade:

Rashard Lewis

Javale McGee

How does this sound?

PG - Kirk Hinrich

SG - Joe Johnson

SF - Rashard Lewis

PF - Al Horford

C - Javale McGee

We'd be trading a star PF for a backup center and backup SF. Lewis is sadly starting to decline, as most shooters do around 32, and he's not better than Marvin Williams, who will likely get a little better while Lewis precipitiously declines. He'd be a liability for us defensively, not provide any additional scoring efficiency, and present a huge albatross with his contract (isn't it about 18 per for a few more years?). McGee I would love to have as a backup center, but as already mentioned, his BBIQ is too low to start for a contending team in most cases. As for the lineup proposed being "a beast", I'd say that it's actually weaker than our current line-up, offensively and defensively. The only merit of the trade would be adding a modicum of depth, but all told, this would just be an awful deal for us. Washington would without a doubt jump out of their skin to make this trade, and I would take a 2 year sabbatical from the Hawks.

Edited by CBAreject
  • Like 1