• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks Madness

Kaye

Let's Go HAWKS!!!!!!

I like your enthusiasm. I think I felt that excitement last year. We were the 3rd seed, and we had swept the Celtics in the regular season. I knew we were underdogs, but I really thought we had a legitimate chance at the conference finals. Then lowly Milwaukee thumped us a couple times and pushed us to seven games. I had a sinking feeling. We didn't even show up for the Orlando series. Since then I have lost that excitement. Last year's team gave me lots of reason for optimism heading into the playoffs, with 53 wins and Crawford winning 6th man, but I feel that if that team couldn't even make an effort with all the positive energy surrounding that team, it's hard to believe this team will rally with all the negative energy it's mired in. I actually don't think this team is currently better than the Indiana Pacers, and I wouldn't be surprised if they pass us in the standings by next year. I expect at least one win against Orlando, but I just think that team is better coached, and they'll send us home in round one.

I will watch their first game if they don't play with effort and show that they atleast want to win. I wont be watching any other games.

Who really wants to watch a team play pick-up game ball in the playoffs while their will be other teams battling it out. Im looking forward to the nuggets vs thunder series

Edited by yungsta

I am. I'm ready to see the end of this BS 'core'

Well just sit back and wait 3 or 4 years and you may. Contracts being what they are it looks like we are pretty much married to this "core" for awhile.

That said...I think we will have a much more competitive series with ORL this year. Who knows? Sometimes low expectations gives a team that "us against the world" attitude and the guys lay it all on the line.

Right...and the funny thing is there are still people on this board who still think BK was an excellent GM.

You're not kidding. The fact that he scored with only one of the four lottery picks he had here should be enough to ensure that he never get the chance to run another NBA team into the ground again. As stated a million times on this board, they should be at the point of being one of the teams mentioned to make the Finals and beyond, NOT trying to win its first second-round playoff game since 1997.

It wasn't enough that BK missed with those picks but the guys he selected can barely crack the rotation of the teams they play for now. That's a hefty price to pay for a pair of playoff beatings....

I am. I'm ready to see the end of this BS 'core'

I am not tired of the core as much as I am tired of Atlanta not having that next level player. Steve Nash, Dwight Howard, or Chris Paul would improve this roster by ten miles. This team could be the best team in the NBA with one of those players. So no, I am not tired of this core, just tired of not having that player this team desperately needs. I was tired of the Deke core from the 90's. Unless you added A.I. which that team never had the pieces for nor was he ever available meant that team was never going to get pass the 2nd round and nothing more than a lateral or backwards trade was possible. At least we have a shot are three major upgrade trades. Even if we lose out, we have a chance at three major trades without trading more than we have to and getting a key player in return.