• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Are you superstitious?

Scout200

• Premium Member

LOL...I have three. One is not really about me. It's the dreaded:

jersey-hawks-alt-red-custom-nn.jpg

I see those and I just freak the f#@k out....

The other thing is I try to be as negative as possible during the game. Well...I used to. I don't do it as much anymore, but I used to purposefully contain my excitement. Like the basketball Gods were watching me and if I got too happy, they'd change the outcome of the game. But if I was negative and pessimistic, I felt like the Hawks would do the opposite and pull out a victory.

The last thing is, I've never seen them lose live...and I'm so afraid to go to a playoff game it's killing me.

Edited by Wretch

LOL...I have three. One is not really about me. It's the dreaded:

jersey-hawks-alt-red-custom-nn.jpg

I see those and I just freak the f#@k out....

The other thing is I try to be as negative as possible during the game. Well...I used to. I don't do it as much anymore, but I used to purposefully contain my excitement. Like the basketball Gods were watching me and if I got too happy, they'd change the outcome of the game. But if I was negative and pessimistic, I felt like the Hawks would do the opposite and pull out a victory.

The last thing is, I've never seen them lose live...and I'm so afraid to go to a playoff game it's killing me.

Ha, nice!!

It's an early dinner of Corndogs for me tomorrow night :biggrin:

(I've tried to eat a corndog at halftime to give the team energy - but it didn't work. I'm confident that the key is having at least one corndog fully in the digestive process prior to tipoff...then one in the second quarter...and since this is a KEY game, I'll probably have one more at the ready in case it is close at the end or we go to O.T.)

note: I don't see this as superstition...just playing it smart :kickcan:

If Were Doing Good I Refuse To Tweet And Boast About It...

Untill the game is over and we won...

This. I have a few friends that live in Florida, I recieved multiple txt messages during game 4 while I was at Philips saying "magic baby" "supermannnnn". I didn't respond until the game was over :sarcastichand:

Hell yeah I am ... that's why today I updated the background graphic of the website to have the opossum (top left) and the corndogs (left) and went back to the Howard / Stern / Horford puppet master graphic from games 3 and 4.

If you don't see this as the background then press CTRL + F5 to do a forced refresh of your browser cache.

Well, I do one thing for the Hawks & Braves. It's nasty, but it seems to work most of the time. I put a dip in at half time, and can't take it out until the game is over. My friend and I both do this. If you take it out before the game is over, then it's bad luck. :pleasantry:

Yeah, I know...nasty!

Well, I do one thing for the Hawks & Braves. It's nasty, but it seems to work most of the time. I put a dip in at half time, and can't take it out until the game is over. My friend and I both do this. If you take it out before the game is over, then it's bad luck. :pleasantry:

Yeah, I know...nasty!

Yeah I'd say that's pretty nasty!

flap2.jpg