• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The way I see it

Diesel

• Premium Member

Josh - 7-25 (28% from the field)

Horf - 7-19 (37% from the field)

It's easy to say, these guys should be benched. BUT. They are our only rebounders in this series. Moreover, LD can coach them to play better.

I was very disappointed with the two of them. They both made fundamental errors and they both showed absolutely no toughness.

Where we do have a problem is Marvin = 46 minutes 9 points. Marvin Sucks. His defense is really bad too. Marvin enters the game at PF, they go to Boozer. Marvin enters the game at Sf, they go to Deng. Marvin cannot guard Brewer or Korver. What is he doing out there?

Worse is Wilkins = 19 minutes, 6 points and he plays good defense at the 1, 2, or 3.

The best news of the day = Teague. IMO, Teague is outplaying the League MVP.

We still have HC advantage. Teague was Beat up all game. LD should not play Marvin and we should see more Wilkins and Zaza.

and Collins.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Where we do have a problem is Marvin = 46 minutes 9 points. Marvin Sucks. His defense is really bad too. Marvin enters the game at PF, they go to Boozer. Marvin enters the game at Sf, they go to Deng. Marvin cannot guard Brewer or Korver. What is he doing out there?

Worse is Wilkins = 19 minutes, 6 points and he plays good defense at the 1, 2, or 3.

Of course you forgot to mention that Marvin had 7 rebounds a steal and 2 block shots in 24 minutes

• Premium Member

Marvin enters the game at PF, they go to Boozer. Marvin enters the game at Sf, they go to Deng. Marvin cannot guard Brewer or Korver.

Boozer 4-12 8 points

Korver 1-9 5 points

Brewer 1-3 2 points

And Deng scored most of his points with Marvin on the bench and even with that, Deng is being held below his season average. If you want to talk about someone's defense, talk about the guys trying to guard Noah!

Edited by Peoriabird
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

Of course you forgot to mention that Marvin had 7 rebounds a steal and 2 block shots in 24 minutes

Yeah, I forgot to mention that because I watched Marvin on the fast break miss 2 layups 2 times in this series. I forgot to mention it because everytime Smoove is in foul trouble Marvin comes in and Boozer becomes 100%. I forgot to mention it because when Joe is doubled, Marvin just sits there. I forgot to mention it because Luol Deng has Marvin on his favorites list. Tibbs said that Marvin is one of the most underrated players in the league to see if he can get LD to try to keep him on the floor. However, when you stop stat watching and watch the game, you will find that between Marvin's nonaggressivenes, Smoove's boneheaded decisions, and Horf's lack of toughness... it's surprising that we're 1-1.

4:24 Marvin Williams enters the game for Josh Smith 30-38

4:03 30-40 Carlos Boozer makes 18-foot jumper (Derrick Rose assists)

3:46 Al Horford makes jumper (Jamal Crawford assists) 32-40

3:31 32-42 Carlos Boozer makes layup (Derrick Rose assists)

3:15 32-42 Luol Deng personal foul (Joe Johnson draws the foul)

3:15 Jason Collins enters the game for Marvin Williams 32-42

Only twice...so I wouldn't say there is enough samples. I could check game 1 I guess.

• Premium Member

4:24 Marvin Williams enters the game for Josh Smith 30-38

4:03 30-40 Carlos Boozer makes 18-foot jumper (Derrick Rose assists)

3:46 Al Horford makes jumper (Jamal Crawford assists) 32-40

3:31 32-42 Carlos Boozer makes layup (Derrick Rose assists)

3:15 32-42 Luol Deng personal foul (Joe Johnson draws the foul)

3:15 Jason Collins enters the game for Marvin Williams 32-42

Only twice...so I wouldn't say there is enough samples. I could check game 1 I guess.

He hits 2 shots while Marvin was in the game all game long and who know what the rotation was.. But because he hit these 2 shot he owned Marvin? Hawks fans are harsh!

• Like 1

• Premium Member

He hits 2 shots while Marvin was in the game all game long and who know what the rotation was.. But because he hit these 2 shot he owned Marvin? Hawks fans are harsh!

Hey Statman...

Didn't you say that Boozer was 4-12 on the night??

welp...

Your man just showed that he was 2-2 with Marvin in the game and would have gotten more if LD didn't have the good sense to quickly remove Marvin.

I'm pointing out where Boozer scored when Marvin came in for Josh. That is all. Take it how you will.

• Premium Member

Hey Statman...

Didn't you say that Boozer was 4-12 on the night??

welp...

Your man just showed that he was 2-2 with Marvin in the game and would have gotten more if LD didn't have the good sense to quickly remove Marvin.

Not a big enough sample size sorry...But my point is that our defense on Boozer was not the problem, it was our defense on noah that was the problem!

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Not a big enough sample size sorry...But my point is that our defense on Boozer was not the problem, it was our defense on noah that was the problem!

I don't disagree with that statement. We didn't defend Noah well. However, the fact that Marvin is a liability is a factor also. Marvin is not a defensive standout. In 45 minutes Marvin has only generated 9 points. Why is he playing? We could have more productive players who attack the basket (successfully) like Wilkins. I'm tired of seeing Marvin blowing layups and getting the ball stolen away.

Also, Noah was big for them but he wasn't that big. In 38 minutes, he scored 19 points. That's not even 1/4 of their points. We can stop him. However, Marvin was totally ineffective on both sides of the ball. Actually, 2 of 9 is a freakin liability for us.

• Premium Member

Also, Noah was big for them but he wasn't that big. In 38 minutes, he scored 19 points. That's not even 1/4 of their points. We can stop him.

What? Are you blind? Noah was the biggist reason the Bulls won this game! :blink:

• Premium Member

What? Are you blind? Noah was the biggist reason the Bulls won this game! :blink:

No, we were the biggest reason they won. Him getting rebounds is great but that's because we're playing like punks. He didn't show dominance like a Dwight Howard did. He was 6 of 8... He had 7 offensive rebounds. He's not somebody that will do that to us every night. Especially, if we play with some urgency.

In the 3rd and 4th quarter, Noah scored a whopping 4 points. That's Marvin Williams like.

However, our problem is that we couldn't match their scoring. Our offense let us down. We shot 33 percent and scored only 73 points. That's all us and part of that is Marvin going 2/9 for 4 points.