• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Liked this post on Smoove...

buckeye242424

That really was an excellent article, other than the part where he said nobody has ever told Smith that he's a low-post player, since I'm sure that everyone who's ever played, coached or watched him has told him that. I fully expect that we'll see our top 10 player Smith tonight and Sunday and maybe that will be enough to convince him that's who he is.

• Like 1

That really was an excellent article, other than the part where he said nobody has ever told Smith that he's a low-post player, since I'm sure that everyone who's ever played, coached or watched him has told him that. I fully expect that we'll see our top 10 player Smith tonight and Sunday and maybe that will be enough to convince him that's who he is.

When I read that I thought the same thing...Gotta think LD has said that a thousand times...

• Premium Member

of course U do lol.. I'm glad most of the hawks players could careless about what some guy who has more than likely never played basketball in his life has to say..

If people who had never played basketball in their life were the only people saying this stuff, that'd be one thing. But since EVERYONE IN THE UNIVERSE has been saying the same things about Josh's pigheaded insistence on proving he can score from the perimeter, the article is worth reading because it expresses those problems perfectly:

He should be soaring to greatness, but he long ago attached a cinder block to his shoes, and everyone knows the cinder block in question. It's his perimeter shooting. For some reason Smith is intent on proving to someone, maybe just himself, that he can score from the outside. And given his insistence on shooting from out there, he can. It's a volume thing -- shoot enough from 18 feet, from 20 feet, even from beyond the 3-point arc, and a few shots will fall. That's the statistical lie that emboldens Smith to keep firing from the perimeter:

I don't miss every time.

Better if he did. If Smith stopped hitting even 28.2 percent of his 3-pointers -- his career number -- he might come to terms with the reality that he's a low-post player, one who converts nearly 67 percent of his shots when he attacks the rim, compared to roughly 31 percent from mid-range and beyond.

Edited by niremetal