• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Atlanta is 0-15 all time in second round

Sothron

So what you are saying that we should just stay put, since we cant make any moves because of financial liabitities and cant get a good offer? That will be the quickest way to lose more fans because it doesnt show them that the Hawks is committment to win a NBA Championship but just being Second Round Foddlers. But to each its own.

What I am saying is resigning Jamal should be our top priority. When NO puts CP3 on the market. We have to offer a nice package since we are one of the teams he's willing to join. Our options outside of that are bleak. Hate to use Football but Thomas Dimitroff talks about adding explosive players i.e. playmakers. That's what the Hawks need, the problem is, only one could potentially be available to the team who's a reasonable get. The Centers who have some impact aren't available and lets say we trade Smith for Kaman. Kaman is average and we will be barely in the playoffs because our roster now is just as good if not worst than Indiana. We can't sacrifice fit for impact. We have to get both or an upgrade. We just aren't good enough.

This means we are the 1995-1998 Hawks again, oh boy. :no2:

I think you try to make one big move to get a guy like Howard or Paul. If that doesn't happen, go back to the lottery.

I'm all for making a trade that will make us better and I frankly don't care who we have to give up to get there. I'm more invested in the team than the individual players.

To get back to the lottery we will be giving away our assets for nothing to make sure we are bad enough to get a top 3 pick or trading away our assests to acquire a top pick.

Is their a franchise changing player in this lottery ala LeBron/Durant?

i always tell people i just want my team to play hard. winning isn't everything. ....... maybe part of me is saying, let's face it. we'll never win big. like this year, when we beat the magic and when the spurs lost. i thought, hey that's good. one less good team to play. then when i saw the lakers lost and when we were 2 2 with the bulls. i was thinking.....maybe that's our year? i know i know i know.....i truly thought, still thinking we're better than the bulls. sports, in this case, basketball/hawks meant a lot to me. i love the hawks and basketball but i don't love them like i used to. when we lost game 6. i didn't feel sad like i thought i would. i was just like i finally awaken up, from a dream or nightmare. when you see joe johnson look so cool and collected in game 6.....i really really want to believe in santa