• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Horford for D-Will?

Diesel

Of course I trade Horford for one of the league's best PGs. Deron Williams is an all-around PG with no real weaknesses in his game. He makes everyone around him better. This would be the type of trade that pushes us to contender status. We would just need to find a way to grab a big that will crash the boards and can prevent the layup drill that happens when Zaza is in the game.

Hey guys, long time.

No.

I wouldn't trade a top 15-20 player who is a PF and a pick and roll one at that for Deron who I feel is the best or 1a. or 1b. for the best PG in the game. I don't see why we would do it. We wouldn't get much better. Smith is not a PnR PF and he would just make it worst for Deron than Al Jefferson did. I am not sure Deron would resign either. Unless it's for Dwight or Lebron, I wouldn't trade Horford. Smith on the other hand, I would package him with Teague who has a lot of value now which he didn't have at that time. It wouldn't make sense for Utah at that time but now it would but Deron is no longer a Jazz so....

This is what is missing from the end of the original quote:

Williams is a tier up from Horford, if not two, but the Hawks felt they couldn't part with their best/only big man...if Deron was unwilling to sign and extension.

You don't give up your best big man for a rental , I would say no too.

Edited by jaybird

This is what is missing from the end of the original quote:

Williams is a tier up from Horford, if not two, but the Hawks felt they couldn't part with their best/only big man...if Deron was unwilling to sign and extension.

You don't give up your best big man for a rental , I would say no too.

This is funny. I recall several years ago in the pregame of a Hawk -Utah game. Deron was loosening up staring at BK. After small talk he said, "I still can't believe you didn't pick me". The only question is would Deron sign an extension. I certainly would have rather moved Joe for him but for sure I would have sent Horford if that was required.

Does this qualify as "Trade talk" on the homecourt?

Edited by Swatguy