• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Twitter links?

• 2 weeks later...

Should there be any in the Links menu? I'm thinking about adding the Tweeting players' pages linked under "Player/Fan Sites" and guys like Michael Cunningham and Bob Rathbun under "Hawks Related." ~lw3

I think that's a good idea ... put together a list of Twitter accounts that y'all would like to see up there and I'll be happy to add them.

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators

Thanks LW! I will get these added next time I do a site update.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Moderators

Whew, I haven't updated the list in awhile! I saw Kito's still in our "Links" listing and figured I'd better collect the current ones I could find.

Unverified:

@antic12pero

@Lucasriva_bebe

@TheRealEB42

Verified:

@AyonGustavo

@J1Flight

@Al_Horford

@JohnnyCashVU23

@KyleKorver

@ShelvinMack

@PaulMillsap_24

@mikejawz

@DennisMike1993

@mikescott

@Teague0

@TeamLou23

Also, should Hollinger and Iguodala get dumped from the Twitter roll? I'm kinda partial to keeping Zaza on there for a little longer.

~lw3

Edited by lethalweapon3
  • Like 1

• Moderators

Btw, why is Andre Iguodala on the twitter feed? Thank heavens he's not a Hawk because I must admit he has some of the most mind numbing tweets to be popping up on that feed, the city of Philly must have rubbed off too much on him.

((drops Krimpets))

Yo, yo, y-- I mean, excuse me, kind sir, but maybe it was the thin Rocky Mountain air!

As for this Illadelph native, I blame the hardscrabble streets of Springfield, Illinois!

~lw3

Thanks for the nudge and the updates LW. I've removed the Twitter links section from our menu since there's not room for all of those players, but you can always view our current list on Twitter at the following link:

https://twitter.com/TheHawkSquawk/hawks-feed/members

I also added DeMarre Carroll and have sent him your address, since you decided to leave him off of your updates, and he wants to have a talk with you.

I'm leaving our boy Zaza up there for a bit since he probably deserves a bronze statue around here.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Thanks for the nudge and the updates LW. I've removed the Twitter links section from our menu since there's not room for all of those players, but you can always view our current list on Twitter at the following link:

https://twitter.com/TheHawkSquawk/hawks-feed/members

I also added DeMarre Carroll and have sent him your address, since you decided to leave him off of your updates, and he wants to have a talk with you.

I'm leaving our boy Zaza up there for a bit since he probably deserves a bronze statue around here.

NEVER incur the wrath of a Junk Yard Dog!

~lw3

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I'm gonna try not to get struck by lightning by asking, but can Our Favorite Bobcat** get released from the Tweet roll?

** sorry, Jannero. I was talking about Anthony TPosted Image lliver.

~lw3

Did he finally sign with someone? I suppose I can release him then since I guess he won't be coming back :kickcan: Thanks for being such a pain in the ass about so helpful with the Twitter widget.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators

Elton's still not verified, but...

https://twitter.com/eltonbrand42

~lw3

• Moderators

ATLHawks told me it isn't him but maybe it is now?

I'm guessing Elton had a trusted "Ghost Tweeter" (not sure what the proper term is) as a go-between while he was a Sixer, and the @TheRealEB42 guy (a Sixers fan) kept it up while he (@EltonBrand42) was in Dallas and now here.

~lw3

Welp that didn't last long...

http://hawksbasketblog.com/2013/11/18/long-live-elton-brands-twitter-account/

Elton Brand has retired from Twitter…just one day after joining.

The 34-year-old was the only Hawks player who didn’t have a Twitter account. That was until Sunday, when Brand finally decided to try it. @EltonBrand42 didn’t last long though, as Elton tweeted for the last time just minutes before the team took off for Miami Monday afternoon.

“Special Thanks to the Tens and Tens of followers I’ve met since yesterday. This Twitter Stuff is just not for me though. #PeaceAndBlessings”

A few things to note:

- In just 24 hours, Brand had already grasped the concept of hashtags, even if he didn’t fully understand how they worked.

- While Brand was clearly being humorous with the “tens and tens” comment, the reality was he had well over 1,000 followers as of this morning, which was the last time we checked on the account.

Brand deleted the account before we could get a screen shot of the roughly 15 tweets he had published over the past 24 hours. He had some classics, though none better than the one to Lou Williams in which he called Instagram “InterGram,” which got a laugh and a retweet out of Williams:

• Like 1