• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bad news on Crowell both mentally and physically

coachx

The Rivals.com writer that has covered UGA for CMR's 11 year tenure reported this yesterday. I cannot copy paste his report b/c its off of a pay site.

First for a little background. Chip Towers, ACJ's UGA beatwriter reported CMR getting pretty pissed when asked about the RB situation.

http://blogs.ajc.com...uga_sports_blog

‘As the Tailbacks Turn’

Either Richt is just tired of discussing the subject or there has been a new development in the weekly saga that is Georgia’s tailback rotation. Whatever the case, the previously jovial Richt turned positively dour when he was asked to update the situation Wednesday.

“I don’t want to talk about tailbacks,” Richt said. “I really don’t. Let’s just talk about something else. I was really in a good mood and then you had to ask that. . . . No more tailback questions until after the game.”

Twice-suspended, often-injured starter Isaiah Crowell is trying to make it back from a sprained left ankle the sidelined him for the regular-season finale against Georgia Tech. The Bulldogs also have held out hope that backup Richard Samuel could come back this week from Nov. 1 ankle surgery. Two other tailbacks have been subjected to suspensions and four different tailbacks have started this season.

“I don’t blame you for asking really but I don’t have any good answers,” Richt said, “so I’m just not going to answer it.”

Below is a summary from Anthony Dasher, who is Rivals.com's reporter for UGA football for the past 11 years.

- Crowell practiced fine on Monday and looked 100%.

- There was an incident in Tuesday practice where Crowell showed his arse in front of the team. (He would not elaborate any further on what that was.)

- On Wed Crowell showed up in a green non-contact jersey and said his ankle was hurt. However, he refused to do any work with the rest of the players in non-contact jerseys.

- Keep in mind UGA practiced in full pads both Tues and Wed in cold and wet weather.

- Teamates are getting fed up with antics both on and off the field.

- After Wed's practice 4 of the team leaders (I'm guessing Murray, Samuels, Charles, and C. Robinson) jumped on Crowell's case at the Rankin Smith Building about things he is doing on and off the field wrong.

I'm going to cheat and post Anthony Dasher's last paragraph below:

As for Saturday, it's still expected that this particular running back will play, but he needs to grow up - now.

I'll say it again, I've covered CMR all 11 years he's been here and NEVER sensed him as ticked about a situation as he was last night. Yes, he came in joking, smiling, but this was a complete cover, imo, for the antics, not just said running back, but all the other drama that's surrounded the position this year....And going back to last week, he was not kidding when he said "any great running back" would have a wonderful opportunity at Georgia. He's right.

-

Edited by coachx
  • Like 1