• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Question about Hawks' (lack of) trade philopshy

ATL_BALLER

Forgive me if this topic has been broached (likely ad nauseam), but I'm wondering:

The Hawks are never mentioned as players in major deals, namely because of their lack of cap space. Still, that never seems to stop other capped out teams from making big moves (see Lakers and Paul, veto notwithstanding). Clearly, the Hawks have as many, if not more, desirable assets to shoot for a star.

So, the real issue appears to be that the Hawks simply aren't willing to pay the tax; but, if they swapped multiple players for one, can't they maintain roughly their same cap position?

Perhaps it's just that they can't get a long term commitment from the incoming player. Either way, I'd like to see the team show the creativity and cajones to make a move and stop blaming the current situation, when clearly that can be worked around.

Well, now that is the 60 million dollar question

Besides, we got some very good assets, it just that ASG is scared of that LT plus I believe that they didnt want to go through the same problems that happened a long time ago, when the last Hawks team core was traded away (Smith, Mookie and other)

We make trades: Bibby, Kurt, and Joe. We just don't make the superstar deals. I think the last two GMs of the Hawks have locked into our current core. So in the absence of an obvious deal, they have preferred to keep our current core intact.

IMO. The biggest reason the Hawks aren't major players is that the owners can't agree among themselves about moves. There are stories about BK lining up trades and part of the ownership group nixing the move.