• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks-Blazers

benhillboy

I didn't see the game, so anyone who did feel free to expound on the ridiculousness. Outrebounded 50-27? Word? Talk about mailing it in. If you almost get doubled up on the boards, you instant messaged it in. 9 threes for Joe, NO free throw attempts. I hope he could put two and two together and realize thats why we loss rapidly with him out there (-19), but I doubt it. Teague goes 1-10? Unbelievable. Josh and Willie once again performing well in a loss. I remember a piece a few years ago rating players under 25, and Marvin was a few spots ahead of Batum, and I thought it was wrong then. Now? Marvin makes Batum look like Dr.J. Many of these losses I'm starting to think Al could do nothing to prevent. We have so many holes when our starting 1, 2, and 3 are playing like feces, which is happening quite often lately. And as I'm typing this, Sportscenter sees fit to mention, not show, mention our blowout loss 10 seconds before the show closes with the little credits at the end. It was disrespectful to Aldridge and his victorious return. Why are we Hawks fans again? Let's Go, I guess.

Edited by benhillboy

We need another big. Horford getting back would help as well.

We are never gonna get better until we get a good coach and a GM that's knows what the hell this teams needs(unfortunately those 2 things aren't going to happen until we get a new owner, lord knows how long that is gonna take). And with Joe's contract, and at the rate he is declining(for whatever reasons) we are gonaa be back in rebuilding phase in a couple of years.

Edited by AJtheGreat

Scoring was no problem in the 1st quarter. Hawks had 25 which = 100 for the game. Not much defense for either team. Hawks went from 60 something % in the 1st to 17% in the second. Portland couldn't be slowed down. They were ball magnents. Hawks were one and done. Portland was "Keep shooting until it drops." It seemed that it was an accident if the ball went in for Atlanta in the 2nd quarter. No one could score. For the game, our high scorer, JJ, played almost twice the minutes as Green and had two more points. Check the box score and see how many shots it took for JJ to become high scorer. And, this included a three late in the game after the outcome was long decided. Dampier got a did not play - coaches decision. This was his final night under his first 10 day contract. We were desperate for rebounding and he didn't see the floor. Why? I can't explain it. JT was ice cold. I believe he hit his first shot, then went 0 for the rest of the game. Captain Kirk didn't do a lot better. On NBATV so what could we expect? Seems it always happend. Pitiful. Except for Green's scoring, all others looked horribly bad after the 1st quarter. End of story. ----------------------------

Edited by Gray Mule

Ben JJ went inside a lot. I recorded the game and watched it u saw at least 3 or 4 times where joe was fouled on a shot with no call. I think he took a lot of 3s due to the score.

Easily 1 of the top 5 worst Hawks games I've ever seen as far as the officiating goes as we had guys getting abused by Portland players and getting no call and then on the other end there were a ton of ticky tack calls, like the back to back calls on Vlad early on when the game was still up in the air. I think that with the Blazers being allowed to go over our backs the entire 1st half without having fouls called and our guys getting abused when attacking the basket and no foul called we probably just decided it wasn't worth it.