• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Larry "Broken Record" Drew

DocWilkins

Raise your hand if you are tired of hearing this!

"We just didn't come out here in the (Insert Quarter here) with enough energy. I felt like we were flat and didn't have the necessary physicality to match (Insert team here) toughness. We changed things up and went to our bench players and they cut into the deficit but we just could'nt get over the hump."

Sick and tired of hearing this...This is the same Mantra that went back to Woody...If the players continually come out flat there is a thing my old coach used called "the pine" to fix the issue. I don't care who the player is or what thier hit against the cap is...If they are playing like a bum they need to take the train straight to "the pine"...Tired of watching either a pathetic 1st or 3rd quarter start...Can't we see as an organization that this has to change right now!!! Someone help me off the ledge!

• Like 3

How is this just now posters are tired of this? I was fed up after last season with how we kept getting blown out.

As Is stated...This goes back to Woody...Drew was his assistant for six years...Bottom line...IT IS TIME FOR A CHANGE!!!! We need a coach with some stones that will demand respect and "energy" from these players...Makes me sick to see all the wasted possessions due to sheer laziness...

• Moderators

How is this just now posters are tired of this? I was fed up after last season with how we kept getting blown out.

I don't think they are. We have heard this same line from this core of players since Woody was here. It was old a long time ago. People have given Drew a chance to make adjustments and address whatever causes this and about 1 1/3 seasons in, they are probably coming to the realization that he isn't changing this dynamic.

I don't think they are. We have heard this same line from this core of players since Woody was here. It was old a long time ago. People have given Drew a chance to make adjustments and address whatever causes this and about 1 1/3 seasons in, they are probably coming to the realization that he isn't changing this dynamic.

Insert definiton of INSANITY!!!...Drew=Woody...

There is only so much a coach can do to motivate and direct 25-35 year old millionnaires who think they've got it all figured out.

While I think Drew has done some ridiculous things (substitutions especially), he seems to have a good grasp on what the problems are and simply cannot get the players to execute. With Woodson, it was as though he was watching a different basketball game than everybody else. If we add a new coach, I think we could improve in certain areas, but it won't be a massive culture change in the locker room.

This roster needs a serious shake-up, not because the sky is falling and we'll be horrible forever. But the team lacks leadership and we will be in a WORLD of hurt if we do not amnesty Joe before he falls off the planet. We have some talented pieces, and if we make the right moves, we could be really good in few years.

There is only so much a coach can do to motivate and direct 25-35 year old millionnaires who think they've got it all figured out.

While I think Drew has done some ridiculous things (substitutions especially), he seems to have a good grasp on what the problems are and simply cannot get the players to execute. With Woodson, it was as though he was watching a different basketball game than everybody else. If we add a new coach, I think we could improve in certain areas, but it won't be a massive culture change in the locker room.

This roster needs a serious shake-up, not because the sky is falling and we'll be horrible forever. But the team lacks leadership and we will be in a WORLD of hurt if we do not amnesty Joe before he falls off the planet. We have some talented pieces, and if we make the right moves, we could be really good in few years.

Ryan...With all due respect I am firm believer that winning comes from within but leadership at the top is more key than most think...Scott Brooks is winning with a very young group of multimillionaires that come out nightly and play their butts off. I have watched OKC play a ton this year and there are no issues with "energy" or playing at the highest level. Hed anyone ever heard of him before he became the head coach therer?

The players need to buy in to the head coach, but if Drew has already lost them then we need a change. POP or Doc or Rick Carlisle and many others would not tolerate the laziness and apathy that the Hawks show frequently and those coaches command respect. LD is indeed the head of our fish and he is starting to smell pretty rancid...I think a move at the HC spot could do just as much good as a roster overhaul.

Ryan...With all due respect I am firm believer that winning comes from within but leadership at the top is more key than most think...Scott Brooks is winning with a very young group of multimillionaires that come out nightly and play their butts off. I have watched OKC play a ton this year and there are no issues with "energy" or playing at the highest level. Hed anyone ever heard of him before he became the head coach therer?

The players need to buy in to the head coach, but if Drew has already lost them then we need a change. POP or Doc or Rick Carlisle and many others would not tolerate the laziness and apathy that the Hawks show frequently and those coaches command respect. LD is indeed the head of our fish and he is starting to smell pretty rancid...I think a move at the HC spot could do just as much good as a roster overhaul.

I understand what you're saying, but I disagree with you.

1) We are a much different team than Oklahoma City. When they started their run, the leaders on the team were young, hungry, and talented. Their fan base is vibrant, and having a team leader like Durant (a beast who is humble and a gym rat) makes everybody better.

2) Our "core" has been together for so long that it has developed a poor psyche tied in with the former Woodson years. When things go poorly, we sulk and quit.

I cetainly agree with your point that a head coach can have a very big impact on a team, but with our particular group, I think that a personnel shift (and leadership shift) will do more than a head coaching change.

I understand what you're saying, but I disagree with you.

1) We are a much different team than Oklahoma City. When they started their run, the leaders on the team were young, hungry, and talented. Their fan base is vibrant, and having a team leader like Durant (a beast who is humble and a gym rat) makes everybody better.

2) Our "core" has been together for so long that it has developed a poor psyche tied in with the former Woodson years. When things go poorly, we sulk and quit.

I cetainly agree with your point that a head coach can have a very big impact on a team, but with our particular group, I think that a personnel shift (and leadership shift) will do more than a head coaching change.

Fair enough...Should be interesting to see which path we take...methinks it will be a roster overhaul and a coaching change...At an rate it will be very interesting...

Fair enough...Should be interesting to see which path we take...methinks it will be a roster overhaul and a coaching change...At an rate it will be very interesting...

I'd be okay with a coaching change although I'm more hopeful that we make some moves.

Either way, it's an exciting time to be a Hawks fan. These next couple seasons could dictate the next 6-8 years in a big way.