• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

JJ, JT & Kirk for Rondo & Allen

T21

While we're at this trade business for obvious (trade deadline) and emotional (making Hawks better) reasons... I came up with an idea that IMO would benefit Hawks in more than one way...

I'm proposing a trade that would send JJ, JT and Kirk to Celtics for Rondo and Allen (works on ESPN's Trade Machine).

We would finally land a true PG (and an All-Star) who can push the tempo and create easy opportunities for both Smoove and Horf.

We would also re-gain financial flexibility for the future (to sign other significant pieces).

The outlook for next season would be much brighter... our core would be Rondo, Smoove and Horf... surround them with smart veterans, especially good shooters, add some size and go for it!

P.S. Knowing that their window of opportunity for doing anything significant has been closed, Boston might be lured to take this bait and start over with Teague, JJ, Pierce...

Edited by T21

Actually, Boston might go for this. Might. Paul Pierce, Joe Johnson... not a bad mix, but I think theyd come after our big (Horf).

I think it's worth a shot... Not only that we would get an "Energizer Bunny" PG to force Smoove and Horf to play big, but we would also get JJ's contract off our books.

Do this and throw in a 1st or 2nd if necessary.

This is the only move I've seen that serves both our short-term and long-term interests. I just don't see them doing it.

I don't see Ainge doin' another magic trick to form a new power-house just from dust... They will have to go through some kind of re-building process...

According to the sources around the NBA Rondo is not too fond of that idea, while Celtics view him as a potential distraction and destabilizing factor for the mentioned process.

... like I've said, it's worth a shot.