• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Josh Smith just said on Hawks pregame

• Premium Member

Sounds like AJC assumed he wanted a trade. I never read anything about him being traded. I think some writer put some words together and made it sound like he wanted a trade.

The AJC along with several other outlets reported this. Both Sekou and Mike Cunningham reported it. It's not made up.

Edited by Jody23

Sounds like AJC assumed he wanted a trade. I never read anything about him being traded. I think some writer put some words together and made it sound like he wanted a trade.

Did Josh say tonight in the interview with Jerome that he DID NOT want to be traded? Because unless he specifically said that then it's a safe assumption that he does want to be traded or at the very least would be open to a trade. If Josh wanted to be in Atlanta he would have come out like Marvin did and say no I don't want to be traded I want to be here.

Josh is a hot commodity. 3rd best player on our team and he wants to be traded. We need to strike while the iron is hot and right now its almost ( might really be ) like we are allowing him to be a showcase. After Howard, Smith is easily the #2 tradeable prospect right now.

Rumors abound and I do think he will be moved. Him saying he did not directly ask for a trade just means his agent did. It is going to happen and it will happen soon!

Edited by Buzzard

Last two minutes of the last game Josh got it in the post and missed a 2 to 3 ft hook shot and then made 1 one of 2 free throws on two different possessions so I wouldn't say he is our go to guy. While its fair to be upset that JJ took the last shot or even someone else, I wouldn't say Josh should be taking it either. Let alone the guy can't make free throws. Down by one or two with no time on the clock I know I don't want Josh at the line having to make free throws. That is another reason its tough to go to Josh at the end of the game. I think everyone would agree with that.

• Like 2

Nah you go to Smith on the post or at least draw up something different play than isolation. Larry Drew is a coach. I'm sure he can think of SOMETHING else. I don't care if Joe gets the last shot (unless he was HORRIBLE in the game) just not ISO Joe. Thats my only thing.

Most coaches believe in using isolation at the end of games these days, that's why they all want at least 1 player who excels at it.

And please take a look at phoostal's post above yours concerning why Josh shouldn't get the ball there.