• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Smith for pau gasol?

chico1

Let's compare Pau on the Hawks v. Smith on the Hawks. Smith would be better. Smith is younger. We have a better shot to win with Smith. Pau with Kobe, Bynum, and LA is a lot different than Pau with Joe and Al.

Your missing the whole point...................the point is Smith can walk away in the summer 2013 and leave us with nothing.

The only reason we are talking about this is b/c Smith wants out.

Edited by coachx

I rather him walk than have another Joe. Joe contract wouldn't be as bad in LA since he would be in his correct role next to Kobe. Same is true for Gasol. You gotta think about what we have and what they have. I rather trade Smith for value or have him walk. Taking a step back with a trade is something I rather pass on since no FA is coming to Atlanta.

I rather him walk than have another Joe. Joe contract wouldn't be as bad in LA since he would be in his correct role next to Kobe. Same is true for Gasol. You gotta think about what we have and what they have. I rather trade Smith for value or have him walk. Taking a step back with a trade is something I rather pass on since no FA is coming to Atlanta.

I agree that Joe, Pau, Horford is a worse threesome than Kobe, Pau, and Bynum; however this isn't 3 on 3. There are 12 other roster spots on the teams, and I think when you start breaking those other spots down, we have an edge over L.A.

Teague>Fisher

Johnson<Bryant

Williams>WorldPeace (this could be a draw)

Gasol=Gasol

Horford<Bynum

ATL Bench>LA Bench

We have much better depth than the Lakers. We have a PG that at least can beat his man and keep up with his man on defense. We have a younger, less crazy version of the basketball player formerly known as Ron Artest. He's not as great of a scorer as Artest USED to be, but I'd say a better scorer now and almost as good of a defender. Joe is not on Kobe's level, obviously. Same for Bynum and Horford although I don't think it's quite as big of a gap as Kobe and Joe. Our bench is head and shoulders better than theirs.

I really do not think this Gasol trade has any legs, but just for the hell of it. Who is the other 7ft big man we can get for Smoove that is currently averaging 16.6 ppg, 10.5 rpg, 1.4 bpg 3.0 apg while shooting .505 from the field and .776 from the charity stripe? Tell me who is that?

I really do not think this Gasol trade has any legs, but just for the hell of it. Who is the other 7ft big man we can get for Smoove that is currently averaging 16.6 ppg, 10.5 rpg, 1.4 bpg 3.0 apg while shooting .505 from the field and .776 from the charity stripe? Tell me who is that?

But Buzz, Gasol is soft, just like Brook Lopez. The Hawks should trade Marvin, Zaza, and Hinrich for Howard and then trade Joe Johnson for Carmelo Anthony and then Al Horford, Jeff Teague, and filler for Rajon Rondo and Ray Allen. Then we'd be primed for a superstar title run! We'll throw in our 2022 2nd round pick on one of those deals if we need to.

• Like 3

But Buzz, Gasol is soft, just like Brook Lopez. The Hawks should trade Marvin, Zaza, and Hinrich for Howard and then trade Joe Johnson for Carmelo Anthony and then Al Horford, Jeff Teague, and filler for Rajon Rondo and Ray Allen. Then we'd be primed for a superstar title run! We'll throw in our 2022 2nd round pick on one of those deals if we need to.

This one is a classic .... lmao

Pau Gasol trade will leave you guys extremely disappointed. I really think you guys are undermining Smith. I rather him walk than get Gasol and Kobe>>>>>>>>>>> Hawks roster in general. Just Kobe makes it a lot easier for Pau.

Well, apparently Chicago has jumped in the mix for Pau now. Trying to send Boozer to LA but LA doesn't want him so Bulls trying to find a taker for Boozer.

http://espn.go.com/c...ers-sources-say

Orlando will give them Turk lol. You got to give LA something they want but no one wants Boozer for anyone valuable.

Edited by nbasuperstar40

Well, apparently Chicago has jumped in the mix for Pau now. Trying to send Boozer to LA but LA doesn't want him so Bulls trying to find a taker for Boozer.

http://espn.go.com/c...ers-sources-say

Pau in Chicago would be lethal. Just go ahead and hand them a free ride to the conference championship.

Orlando will give them Turk lol. You got to give LA something they want but no one wants Boozer for anyone valuable.

Boozer should get a point guard with some skills in a three way trade. I like the way you knock all these teams players who are better than us. Its hilarious tbh

Pau in Chicago would be lethal. Just go ahead and hand them a free ride to the conference championship.

Boozer should get a point guard with some skills in a three way trade. I like the way you knock all these teams players who are better than us. Its hilarious tbh

Derrick Rose

Kobe Bryant

Dwight Howard

If we had those guys, you wouldn't be knocking our guys down.

You guys are really starting to get on my nerves. We got three very good players. Well two since Joe regressing a little. But are these guys you want to trade for are not that good. They aren't even better than the guys we have. Just because they look better with a superstar. Well s**t, that's why they play with them. My goodness, let's put Horford with Nash. In fact trade him to Phx. Watch how stupid each one of you would look. I will laugh because I know these guys games inside and out. I don't even like Smith but I know what he does is very impactful. He has a lot of talent. We aren't good enough to trade him unless we can get a serious impact boost back. Gasol is not an impact boost. If you hate Joe, you will really hate Pau. Even more so because you traded him for Smoove who's much better with Kobe and Bynum than he is with us. Stop being dumb, we don't fit but Gasol is not a fit either. He's another Robin.

If snarls sniffed and sniffed pop would true right

Wait? Are you trying to say it doesn't matter that these guys play with Rose, Howard, or Kobe?

I'm trying to say that sometimes I have no freaking clue what you're talking about.

I can honestly say I feel the same in reference to you right now.

Derrick Rose

Kobe Bryant

Dwight Howard

If we had those guys, you wouldn't be knocking our guys down.

I agree we do not have those three but when you start dogging all star players vs our non all star players I still have to question your reasoning. I have seen both Boozer and Gasol play, and nothing about their games has ever equaled or come close to what Turk is right now.

Its like comparing Bibby of just last season to Lowry. No Lowry is not Kobe, Rose, or Dwight but he is off the charts better than Bibby is now....that is why I question you. You want to tell me Gasol or Boozer is not what they were 5 years ago, I know that also. But saying they are like Hedo is either BS...or you just really do not know basketball.

Whether you know enough about basketball or not, Gasol will be in the HOF one day

Edited by Buzzard

Wait? Are you trying to say it doesn't matter that these guys play with Rose, Howard, or Kobe?

Yes that is what we are saying genius. If Kobe and Rose were the only reason they have put up solid numbers their whole career they would have sucked during the other 70% of it for Gasol and 90% of it for Boozer.

They did not suck before that, its why LA went after Gasol because he was extremely good, and it is why the Bulls went after Boozer. Do you really watch basketball at all?

Edited by Buzzard