• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Smith for pau gasol?

chico1

Sekou just said on nba tv that he heard of a possible trade of josh for gasol. The trade might include hinrich and maybe some other pieces... Thought?

OMG again... Another "Expert" guess and wishing this would happen.

I heard him on 790 the zone saying he think the Hawks should trade Josh for Gasol. Then when one of the guys from the morning show asked him, "if this a good trade for the hawks?" Sekou paused, as if he had to take a moment to give a lie by saying, "I think this would be the best trade the hawks could pull off." lol nono.gif

Edited by Brotha2ThaNite

OMG again... Another "Expert" guess and wishing this would happen.

I heard him on 790 the zone saying he think the Hawks should trade Josh for Gasol. Then when one of the guys for the morning show asked him, "if this a good trade for the hawks?" Sekou paused, as if he had to take a moment to give a lie by saying, "I think this would be the best trade the hawks could pull off." lol nono.gif

Writers do things like that to get things stirring. It's provocative! It's gets the people going! LOL

Rondo/Allen/Bass/JO for JJ/Smith/Teague

That does a great job of clearing cap space for the future! Allen would be great for the rest of the year to replace JJ and while Bass is having a very solid season in Boston I think we could get a lot more for a JJ/Teague combo than Allen/Bass, at least talent wise.

Come to think of it now I might just rather keep Pau than flip him for Rondo because I really don't want to trade Teague.

Did you honestly take time to consider the basketball aspect of that trade you proposed? Why would we swap a winning for an old losing team? LOL cmon son!

He's considering getting us out of JJs contract while adequately replacing him with Allen. The question is how bad do we want out of JJ's contract because that's going to determine how equal the talent coming back could be.

I'm looking forward to seeing what trade proposal you'll come up so that you don't just get to sit back and criticize but actually try and solve the issues that we face.

Did you honestly take time to consider the basketball aspect of that trade you proposed? Why would we swap a winning for an old losing team? LOL cmon son!

This was simply a trade to get Rondo and clear our cap. I would not do this trade if we are trying to win this season. Taking JJ's contract is worth a bundle to me. Our team is not a contender.

Well, it got me pissed because he know the Hawks will get the crappy end of that deal.

Rondo is an equivalent replacement for Smith and PGs are more valuable than PFs. For me I'd rather keep Smith and Teague but if Smith is determined to leave then Rondo is an excellent player to get in return who could always be flipped for another young talent.

Depending on how you view JJ and his contract we could stick with him and try to hope that he won't start fading or we can get out of his contract and try to be a player in FA in the next year or two.

Rondo is an equivalent replacement for Smith and PGs are more valuable than PFs. For me I'd rather keep Smith and Teague but if Smith is determined to leave then Rondo is an excellent player to get in return who could always be flipped for another young talent.

Depending on how you view JJ and his contract we could stick with him and try to hope that he won't start fading or we can get out of his contract and try to be a player in FA in the next year or two.

I was talking about Sekou trying to say Pau for Smoove would be a good trade. That trade you were talking about getting Rondo... I would give up Smoove if it was to get Rondo... A REAL PG!

I was talking about Sekou trying to say Pau for Smoove would be a good trade. That trade you were talking about getting Rondo... I would give up Smoove if it was to get Rondo... A REAL PG!

Gotcha ... yeah I'm not crazy about that either, but if Josh wants out then getting Pau is better than having a disgruntled Josh. I'd rather see Josh want to stick around though!

Gotcha ... yeah I'm not crazy about that either, but if Josh wants out then getting Pau is better than having a disgruntled Josh. I'd rather see Josh want to stick around though!

Josh doesn't want out... He is saying that to push the owners to get better players. He would rather stay a hawk but will leave if he doesn't see the ownership try to get better.

Josh doesn't want out... He is saying that to push the owners to get better players. He would rather stay a hawk but will leave if he doesn't see the ownership try to get better.

I'm not convinced that Josh doesn't want out as I don't think he wants to share the spotlight with Al or even be in the shadows to Joe.

• Premium Member
I know you're dying to trade Marvin but you could have made that much more simple and realistic, realistic assuming that there is anything to this Pau for Smith rumor and that the Celtics wanted Pau for Rondo. http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=89qdmjh Rondo / O'Neal to ATL Pau to BOS Smith / Hinrich to LAL Simple and cuts $4 million off of the Hawks payroll this year. Now I'd rather include Marvin and keep Hinrich but I'm trying to stick to the original rumor posting. I'm also not crazy about this one but Rondo is a star PG signed for 3 years / $35 million total after this year, which is very reasonable and I think we could get a quality player for Teague.

i DON'T See us taking on more salary for simplicity. KG's 21 Million is the reason we do this. Moreover, I don't see us keeping Teague after Rondo gets here. Like the Rumor, I think the Lakers only do this for Josh and HInrich. So all in all it's a win for everybody. We get Capspace and a shot with Rondo and KG with Horf and JJ. Rondo will be our PG of the future. We still have some good BUs like Pargo, Green, Radman, and Zaza.

Boston gets Gasol, Marvin, Teague and Expirings. That's very good turnover for them.

Nooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That team even loses on NBA Jam!! Terrible trade! What are you trying to start here, the AARP Allstars???

Excuse me, I typed it wrong...

Rondo, Willie, JJ, KG, and Horf.

That team is more disciplined that we ever had.

I'm not convinced that Josh doesn't want out as I don't think he wants to share the spotlight with Al or even be in the shadows to Joe.

I think you are close here but think it has to do a lot with Josh thinking he can be great. I do not think he sees his limitations. While his team mates playing right beside him are in disbelief that after seven years of less than .300 long range shooting, he still thinks he is a long range shooter.

If you think about it, he is kind of like Iverson in mentality without the ability to get to the line, much less shoot .800 from the charity stripe. I really do think that is his problem. He has a scorers mentality without the scorers tools. And along with that mentality is a belief that if the first does not fall, the next one will. He honestly thinks sooner or later they will start dropping like flies and he is going to be great.

Edited by Buzzard

• Premium Member

I don't want that Gasol. If it was his brother I'd be open to it. But Pau is too old and this season he's seems to be wearing down and looking exposed. He used to be the best offensive big man in the game but now? I don't see it. Give us Bynum and we'll talk.

• Premium Member

I don't want KG on my team under any circumstances. He's a classless punk and he's showing it again tonight.

For a 21 Million dollar rental, you will get your KG and you will like it.

The franchise will be rebuilt with Rondo, Joe, and Horford. If we can put up some money for Kaman after that... now you're talking.

For a 21 Million dollar rental, you will get your KG and you will like it.

The franchise will be rebuilt with Rondo, Joe, and Horford. If we can put up some money for Kaman after that... now you're talking.

Uh no I wouldn't watch the Hawks again until KG was off the team. I hope that Zaza would snap and break KG like the little b*tch that he is in practice.

I think you are close here but think it has to do a lot with Josh thinking he can be great. I do not think he sees his limitations. While his team mates playing right beside him are in disbelief that after seven years of less than .300 long range shooting, he still thinks he is a long range shooter.

If you think about it, he is kind of like Iverson in mentality without the ability to get to the line, much less shoot .800 from the charity stripe. I really do think that is his problem. He has a scorers mentality without the scorers tools. And along with that mentality is a belief that if the first does not fall, the next one will. He honestly thinks sooner or later they will start dropping like flies and he is going to be great.

I think that the Josh we've seen the past couple of weeks can be great and he's without question the best player on the team. The Josh that we've seen other times this year and in past years is a guy who thinks he's a star but doesn't play like it. Which Josh is the real Josh and which will we get going forward, that's the big question as to which direction we should go.

I don't think Josh has a problem playing 2nd fiddle. I just don't think he wants to spend his prime(next 6,7 years) playing 2nd fiddle to Joe and Al. Both players that Josh feels hes better than and will better than for the next 6,7 years. If it's 2nd fiddle to Deron Williams, Dwight Howard, Derick Rose, Kevin Love, Chris Paul, Lebron or Kyrie Irving for that matter then ok..

Back to the subject of Pau. I personally don't think Josh Smith will get traded cause the hawks don't NEED to trade him this season. Plus the Lakers are not a team known for taking on undersize players(unless they gonna play him at SF). Plus didn't they turn down a Rondo deal. If they turn down a rondo deal I doubt they turn around and get smith.

I think that the Josh we've seen the past couple of weeks can be great and he's without question the best player on the team. The Josh that we've seen other times this year and in past years is a guy who thinks he's a star but doesn't play like it. Which Josh is the real Josh and which will we get going forward, that's the big question as to which direction we should go.

The next time he goes 1 for 5 from the three point line and we lose to a good team instead of beating a bad team, I want to see if anyone here still thinks he is great.....

Edited by Buzzard

The next time he goes 1 for 5 from the three point line and we lose to a good team instead of beating a bad team, I want to see if anyone here still thinks he is great.....

Josh is 6-17 from 3 in March and while I'd prefer he doesn't take that many 3's, that's a very respectable 35% and good enough that he has to be guarded from there. I don't mind him taking those at all, as long as he gives up the long 2's and continues to take his man off the dribble like he's done more of recently when they come out to defend him.

Also, in February Josh was 7-20 from 3, which is also 35% and that puts him at 13-33 over the past 19 games. Over that span his attempts per game have gone up quite a bit over the beginning of the season but his percentage has also gone up quite a bit as well.