• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Nick Young and Javale traded

It says it was a three way deal with the Clippers:

Clippers get Nick Young

Denver gets Javale McGee

Washington gets Nene.

Who do the Clippers give up though?

Adreian Wojnarowski@WojYahooNBAAs part of three-team deal, Nene goes to the Wizards, JaVale McGee to Denver and Nick Young to Clippers, sources tell Y! Sports.

Edited by Mutombolievable

I'm guessing the Clippers are sending Gomes to Washington as that squares the deal up.

Nene / Gomes to WAS

Blatche / Turiaf / McGee to DEN

Young to LAC

Seems that Washington gets worse and the Clippers and Nuggets get a lot better.

• Moderators

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Ah03xN3AoenseB3ErPHjuJ28vLYF?slug=aw-wojnarowski_clippers_nick_young_031512

The Los Angeles Clippers landed Washington Wizards shooting guard Nick Young as part of a three-team deal, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

As part of the trade, the Wizards sent JaVale McGee and Ronny Turiaf to the Denver Nuggets for center Nene. The Clippers also sent forward Brian Cook and a future second-round pick to the Wizards.The Clippers need shooting and hope Young can help them push deep into the playoffs.

Young elected to waive his “Larry Bird” rights to be part of the deal to send him to the contending Clippers.

Nene is in the first year of a five-year, $67 million contract.

~lw3

I'm still trying to figure out how this trade is approved as the Clippers are taking on a lot more salary than they're sending out and they're over the cap. This trade doesn't work in the ESPN trade machine and says the Clippers are taking on 1.7 million too much. So what's going on here?

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=8y7nuyc

Dolf, you can structure 3ways very creatively. I'm not too sure who is involved, but it is likely the Clips are making two trades. First, trading away all their parts for Nene and then trading Nene. If all their parts are within range of Nene, then when they trade nene the 125% TPE applies to a new value. That is likely the scenario, espn trade machine does lame 3way trades where they all must be one simultaneous trade.

The Clippers are only trading Brian Cook, who only makes $1.2 million and they're also including a 2nd round pick I believe I read. So I don't see how they'd be able to take on a $3.7 million dollar player.

Denver is the one who has Nene and are trading him to Washington so those teams are the ones with room to play.

Check the link that I provided that shows the exact trade breakdown.

Now that I see the breakdown, Brian Cook for Javale McGee. That fits. Then Javale McGee for Nick Young. That fits. From Clip side its two trades. The Nugs and Wiz can view this trade as one transaction, they are not bound to describe the trade as the Clips describe it. One of those oddities of the CBA, lovely isn't it?

Ahh ... now that's very interesting and I didn't realize that could be done. Thanks for making it make sense cause that was making me crazier than I already am LOL