• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Is our team made-up of Men, or Boys?

frankthetank966

Am I the only one who is wondering why all these players have ruled themselves out for a game that is more than 24 hours away? What good does it do to publicly announce they will be out for a game? Heck, why did Al Horford have to announce he would be out for the first round a week before the playoffs started? You have got to think strategy, and keeping their mouths shut would have been a better idea.This team needs to remember this is the Playoffs. They worked hard all year to make it to this point, and now players are saying they will be out a game, the series. What's going on? We need toughness now! We are men, play through the pain. Jordan did it numerous times, Kobe does it over-and-over again I expect the Hawks players to be tougher.

Edited by frankthetank966

What happened to all of the posters that claimed AL to be this superior "warrior"??...lol, but in all fairness I am no doctor so I cannot say that he is punking out but man, it sure does feel like it. I agree, if he was or wasn't going to play, he should have kept his mouth shut.

What happened to all of the posters that claimed AL to be this superior "warrior"??...lol, but in all fairness I am no doctor so I cannot say that he is punking out but man, it sure does feel like it.I agree, if he was or wasn't going to play, he should have kept his mouth shut.

I mean what the heck! I am very dissapointed with Al. He was once one of my favorite Hawks player. People give Smoove a hard time for being immature. What Al did was really immature. He ran his mouth about not playing, then said he would return vs. the Mavs. then we learned he would return for 1st round, then again he ruled he would be out. To me, he did this for PR. I'm not a doctor either but how could his status change that much in a few hours/days?

• Premium Member

Seriously lol at this thread. Al is one of two all stars on a playoff team. You really think the media wasn't going to know or find out and report his status? Whether Al said anything or not, he's an important player and it would have been reported. ZaZa didn't say anything, but his status has been consistently reported on. Also, if the Hawks are as certain to win this series as some fans say they are, what does it matter what Al says?

Edited by Jody23

To be fair, a torn pectoral is not a broken finger or a sprained wrist. It's one of those injuries that can easily be aggravated. It's one of those injuries that affects every aspect of your game except running.