• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

How I hate Josh Smith

capstone21

An assist on 2 of those Horford 6 points.

Fair enough, the alley was the only large contribution though. Horford made moves to get baskets on the other two.

Dunk around the Celtics D.

Legit, that was a good play.

MADE two free throws late.

Legit

Changed a shot on KG and actually made him miss a late jumper (about the only time that happened all game)

THis is debatable Horford was also around the basket on that play.

Changed a sure layup for Rondo and forced him to walk.

This is also extremely debatable because 3 hawks (Smith Horford and I believe it was marvin) converged on Rondo right here.

Stop trying to pretend that Josh didn't contribute big in the 4th!

Stop trying to say that I am blaming it all Josh. I simply pointed out that Josh didnt have many positive contributing factors tonight. Same can be said for Teague. The team lost but I am not gonna deny that Josh made some bad plays.

THis is debatable Horford was also around the basket on that play.This is also extremely debatable because 3 hawks (Smith Horford and I believe it was marvin) converged on Rondo right here.

Neither are debatable.Garnett wasn't around the basket, he was about 8-10 feet out. Horford wasn't there.Rondo was on a breakaway. Josh was the one there to catch up with him and force him to try changing his shot, which caused him to walk.I'm pretty sure Josh also had a couple of offensive rebounds late also . . .

Neither are debatable.Garnett wasn't around the basket, he was about 8-10 feet out. Horford wasn't there.Rondo was on a breakaway. Josh was the one there to catch up with him and force him to try changing his shot, which caused him to walk.I'm pretty sure Josh also had a couple of offensive rebounds late also . . .

I might be drunk right now but I am almost willing to bet money that there were three hawks around Rondo on the play.

I might be drunk right now but I am almost willing to bet money that there were three hawks around Rondo on the play.

I'm pretty sure two other Hawks were near the rim, but they were on the other side like they were waiting to rebound. Josh went up and Rondo decided not to challenge him, and was called for a walk.

now we're defending josh with invisible stats?

Now you're just being an ass? It says "team rebound" in the play-by-play. Do you recall everyone on the team grabbing rebounds at the same time?

• Moderators

Al missed a FT. He shoots around 75% which means that the odds of him missing at least one free throw is about 45%. It is going to happen fairly often. Al getting an interior look to make the shot or get fouled was exactly what Atlanta wanted. Boston wanted to prevent that so badly they generated a dead ball foul - they didn't want to see that happen. I can live with losing because we did what we tried to do and the ball didn't fall.It is harder to see us just throw away a possession on a shot only BOSTON wants us to take. Boston baited Smoove into taking that jumper and were thrilled when they saw him squaring up.

• Admin

Al missed a FT. He shoots around 75% which means that the odds of him missing at least one free throw is about 45%. It is going to happen fairly often. Al getting an interior look to make the shot or get fouled was exactly what Atlanta wanted. Boston wanted to prevent that so badly they generated a dead ball foul - they didn't want to see that happen. I can live with losing because we did what we tried to do and the ball didn't fall.It is harder to see us just throw away a possession on a shot only BOSTON wants us to take. Boston baited Smoove into taking that jumper and were thrilled when they saw him squaring up.

I did quite a bit of yelling at the tv when he took that shot

Al missed a FT. He shoots around 75% which means that the odds of him missing at least one free throw is about 45%. It is going to happen fairly often. Al getting an interior look to make the shot or get fouled was exactly what Atlanta wanted. Boston wanted to prevent that so badly they generated a dead ball foul - they didn't want to see that happen. I can live with losing because we did what we tried to do and the ball didn't fall.

Of course, he should have probably missed the 2nd free throw and scrapped for the rebound. There was almost no chance to win after the 2nd free throw.

Now you're just being an ass? It says "team rebound" in the play-by-play. Do you recall everyone on the team grabbing rebounds at the same time?

I'm not trying to be an ass, seriously. I don't remember seeing Josh get offensive boards in the 4th and he is credited with 1 for the game.

• Moderators

i am a josh homer but dam. joe did miss an open jumper in the lane to increase our lead by 3.maybe josh wants to be a superstar.is why he took the shot. i have a friend that calls and argues evrytime he does something foolish i couldnt defend him tonight.

That was painful seeing him one on one with freaking Hollins and not being able to abuse him. The shot wasn't close. Thank goodness we actually moved the ball down the stretch and didn't go into iso-Joe except for a few unsuccessful times.

• Moderators

Of course, he should have probably missed the 2nd free throw and scrapped for the rebound. There was almost no chance to win after the 2nd free throw.

If LD asked him to make it and he tried to make it, that was stupid decision-making. The second free throw looked quite flat to me. I think he was trying to miss but to make sure he hit the rim and he ended up making it.The second shot should have been missed. Edited by AHF

That was painful seeing him one on one with freaking Hollins and not being able to abuse him. The shot wasn't close. Thank goodness we actually moved the ball down the stretch and didn't go into iso-Joe except for a few unsuccessful times.

Painful to me as well, he needs to restructure his game severely in the offseason, or else he is going to get amnestied soon.

now we're defending josh with invisible stats?

That is an absurd comment for anybody who has watched (almost) every game for the last 6-7 years. Josh Smith has OFTEN "turned around" driving guards because they knew they were "screwed" if they went up against him. This happens all the time and while not a stat-sheet stat - everybody knows that it is a very important part of the Hawks' interior defense.Quite simply - driving guards are very afraid of getting "posterized" by Josh coming from the weak side.

• Moderators

That is an absurd comment for anybody who has watched (almost) every game for the last 6-7 years. Josh Smith has OFTEN "turned around" driving guards because they knew they were "screwed" if they went up against him. This happens all the time and while not a stat-sheet stat - everybody knows that it is a very important part of the Hawks' interior defense.Quite simply - driving guards are very afraid of getting "posterized" by Josh coming from the weak side.

He was talking about the assertion that Josh Smith grabbed offensive rebounds but wasn't given credit for them because they were mislabeled "team rebounds" even though they were Josh Smith rebounds. Those were the supposed invisible stats.