• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Taking your calls now about Danny Ferry

TheBillShanksShow

• Premium Member

Interesting show with Bill and co...I do disagree about Josh's value however. Josh is no Karl Malone. His value is high now, let's see what he can get us back...I'd rather win now than Draft for the future, but let's see.

Maybe I'm foolish -- scratch that, I'm definitely foolish -- but I kind of like the idea of blowing it up now and letting our new draft guru sprinkle his Ferry Dust on our draft picks.

• Moderators

Maybe I'm foolish -- scratch that, I'm definitely foolish -- but I kind of like the idea of blowing it up now and letting our new draft guru sprinkle his Ferry Dust on our draft picks.

That plan could end up smelling like Dukie.(sorry)

• Premium Member

If we blow it all up and let Ferry do it, I won't be too mad... but I think that we're not at the stage where we need to go back to the slums for 3 years. I say we have an abbreviated win or bust plan. 2yrs with Joe, Gasol, and Horf.

be honest guys - with the group we have now, can we win a championship? If thats not the goal, whats the point in blowing it up . We can have winning seasons for a few more years, but this bunch will always frustrate and come up short because thats who they are.

be honest guys - with the group we have now, can we win a championship? If thats not the goal, whats the point in blowing it up . We can have winning seasons for a few more years, but this bunch will always frustrate and come up short because thats who they are.

The problem with your stance is that teams that blow it up rarely ever become championship caliber teams. Rather than blow things up, moves can be made to ensure the long term stability of the team while also maintaining the competitive nature of the team for the now. With the new focus on analytics, it will be hard to ignore the fact that Joe Johnson's production on a PPP, RB%, and WS standpoint can be replaced by someone that costs a quarter of what he does.