• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Garnett resigning with Boston - 3 yrs/$34 mil

This has bad contract written all over it. I'm trying to think about what other old person contract this reminds me off...Rasheed? Shaq? Ben Wallace? Either way, its fairly obvious he will be vastly overpaid like most of his time in Boston.I like this.

Junior, is that you?

This is actually a pretty good deal. Hibbert got 4 years/58 mill. Asik 3 years, 25 mill. KG is better than both, and he would likely just retire if the celtics decide to rebuild at any point, making him come off the books.As for Howard, once he picked up his option the celtics would never be able to sign him outright anyways. Boston had cap space this year. In order to roll over that cap space to next year, they would need to renounce everyone (bass, green, kg, allen, stiemsma) and sign a bunch of 1 year deals to reach the minimum team salary. All for a chance at maybe signing Howard. Totally not worth it for a team that was one free throw away from the nba finals.

• Moderators

Somewhere AHF is breathing a sigh of relief! This sucks for the Hawks though.

Ha! It was what I fully expected. He was dominant in the playoffs and has several productive years left in front of him. He is well worth the money next season but is at risk after that depending on his health and how he ages.