• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Are there any other teams interested in Joe Johnson?

PaceRam

The recent news about the Brooklyn Nets being interested in trading for Joe Johnson is very exciting news and I hope this happens but what if the Hawks and Nets fail to reach an agreement on this trade are there any other teams interested in Johnson? Seems like the two biggest obstacles for this trade are Marshon Brooks and Dwight Howard. Sounds like if the Nets don't include Brooks the Hawks might decline this trade and I am assuming that if the Nets sign Howard then they won't be able to afford both him and Johnson? Am I wrong - is there anyway that the Nets will still pursue Johnson whether they sign Howard or not? Personally, I am keeping my fingers crossed that the Hawks can trade Johnson not because I don't like or respect him (I do!) but because I think his contract has really limited the Hawks chances of improving their roster. Whether any of this happens or not the hiring of Danny Ferry and all this trade talk seems to be the most exciting Hawks news/rumors I have seen in a very long time!

The recent news about the Brooklyn Nets being interested in trading for Joe Johnson is very exciting news and I hope this happens but what if the Hawks and Nets fail to reach an agreement on this trade are there any other teams interested in Johnson? Seems like the two biggest obstacles for this trade are Marshon Brooks and Dwight Howard. Sounds like if the Nets don't include Brooks the Hawks might decline this trade and I am assuming that if the Nets sign Howard then they won't be able to afford both him and Johnson? Am I wrong - is there anyway that the Nets will still pursue Johnson whether they sign Howard or not? Personally, I am keeping my fingers crossed that the Hawks can trade Johnson not because I don't like or respect him (I do!) but because I think his contract has really limited the Hawks chances of improving their roster. Whether any of this happens or not the hiring of Danny Ferry and all this trade talk seems to be the most exciting Hawks news/rumors I have seen in a very long time!

your about right on most parts...Marshon Brooks must be included for that deal with the nets to go through! LOL the nets thought they had it easy!But to answer your question because the Magic took on Gilbert Arenas massive contract I know they are willing to take on Joe Johnson's. Of course it wont be johnson alone (probably horford and marvin too) But trust me the Magic and Hawks are in serious talks now that we have Ferry and ferry is afraid to pull the trigger as he is showing it by being so active in free agency.So the Hawks really have 2 real options right now to take on Johnson's contract: Magic or Netscan't really see any other team getting into it but there are rumor that Ferry has spoken to 20 other teams!...WOW is what I said! It doesnt mean that they are all intrested but to even hear Ferry out asking them to take Johnson back in a deal with that Huge ass Contract puts me in an "awe moment"

I read some of the rumors concerning the Hawks and Dwight Howard but I did not take them too seriously (too good to be true!) since I don't think it will happen and don't want to get my hopes up but if the Hawks could get Howard that would be awesome! Can you imagine the defense the Hawks would have with Dwight Howard and Josh Smith?! I know the Hawks would need more than just Howard and Smith but what a great building block/foundation they could be for the Hawks! I still don't think this is going to happen (again - too good to be true!) but I will be thrilled with either one of these trades (Nets or Magic!) but if the Hawks end up with Dwight Howard this will be the most excited I have been as a Hawks fan in many, many years (in fact - probably the most excited I have ever been as a Hawks fan!)!

If we could give Joe, Marvin, and 1st round pick to Orlando for Dwight I would be happy. I really don't wont to give up Al. I'd give up our 1st round pick for the next 2 years to keep Al. Our frontcourt will be unstoppable for the next 5-10 years. No one in the east will be able to stop us. There should be no problem getting either Josh or Howard to resign since they'll both be here. Teague, Jenkins, Josh, Al, and Howard would be a great starting lineup. We would just need to sign good bench players.

Wow - I really didn't think there would be so much interest in JJ due to his huge contract. I know he is a great player and the Hawks will miss him if he is traded but I think getting out of that massive contract would really help the Hawks in the long-run! And, Dr. Reality - I agree with you that I think a lot of perceptions and feelings about the Hawks from other NBA Players (Free Agents) might be changing thanks in large part to the hiring of Danny Ferry! I think the Danny Ferry hiring will go down a monumental moment for the Hawks as time goes by!