• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ferry Had This Figured Out Before He Interviewed

Guest Walter

Guest Walter

He had to. He had to have this entirely worked out before he interviewed. Perhaps not these very deals (although I think he probably did have them on his board of possibilities) but a series of very similar deal possibilities and contingencies.While some of you may not like these deals (and I do while also believing these deals cannot be judged entirely until after at least next off-season), you cannot say he did not come in with a clear plan, that plan did not provide for a remarkably rapid, yet thorough rebuild, he exercised that plan achieving his primary goal of extensive cap space, and he sold a notoriously short-sighted ownership group on giving him the keys to the palace. This guy sees the details, values the big picture more, and gets things done. Seriously, Has anyone ever seen a GM cut a luxury tax payroll to ONLY $15 MIL COMMITTED in 2013 (if we don't pick up JT)!?! When on Hawksquawk have we ever said "I never saw that coming"? Who here ever proposed a 1 season complete payroll turnaround, thought i possible, and for good measure removed the primary suitor for the top FA next year? Who? HS, who collectively thinks that the GM should listen intently to its voice, got its ass handed to it by a GM who tamed the 8 headed ownership as an appetizer and has been on the job a WEEK! A WEEK! Seriously, we went from LT last year to $50 (without JT) MILLION UNDER THE NBA CAP next offseason! I realize that people believe we may not be able to recruit FAs, but MAX FAs recruit themselves to suitors (see Miami) with $50 million in cap space (and we can go higher). Max FAs will team up to come here (likely JS and DH). Moreover, we removed one FA player for the FAs next off-season and we should be able to hand-select our coach (who wouldn't want to coach a remastered team?).We'll have Horford, Jenkins, maybe JT, and maybe 2, 1st rders (although we may exchange for future or trade them) committed. That's it. Kudos for part 1 of the plan. Thought up by an artist. Executed like a surgeon. We'll see if he can recruit like a D1.W

As much as I hate seeing Joe go, Ferry was a damn genius. No one and I mean absolutely NO ONE thought that we could get rid of Joe's contract much less both Marvin's and Joe's. Yeh it's going to be said in Hawksville for a while but I'm pretty sure we are going to do great things in the future. I just wish Joe could be a part of this but hey, nobody said this was supposed to be easy ;)

Funny how some are saying we won't make the playoff. I bet we will. We still have as Barkley and Kenny Smith put it... our 3 best players. Barkley said Smoove,Al and Teague were our best 3 players. Looks like Danny Boy agrees. :-)Also, got those hustle boys King Zaza and maybe Ivan.

Edited by Brotha2ThaNite

... removed the primary suitor for the top FA next year...

This. It was an ESPN Lead Headline that New Jersey likely would be capped out and unable to bid in the Howard sweepstakes, his "1 chosen team to be traded to". It was as blatant a slight to Billy King as you could get. But that's part of what makes a great GM. Knowing who the fools are and dealing with them aggressively and swiftly.

Guest Walter

Sounds like NJ hasn't been ruled out entirely, being willing to trade a Lopez, Brooks, Humphries and a kitchen sink worth of worthless picks (and Orlando being desperate). We may have to at least offer a trade to Orlando with Horford/1st for Dwight to keep Orlando from panicking. If I were Orlando, I would rather just flat out suck or trade Howard as a "rental" for less salary and 1-2 better picks. W

As far as removing Howard from the Nets wish list. Has anyone thought of the possibility of a JJ plus players ( Lopez, Marshon, etc..) to Orlando for Howard, Hedo, etc... when JJ becomes trade-able?