• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

If the Howard trade is close like they say....its not the Lakers who are close!

JTB

Well according to this article from hoopsworld LA isnt close at all. I read just yesterday that the trade of Howard was very close but many assumed it would be the Lakers, well its not so who is it? Hopefully its Ferry getting something done for these hawks!

Source: Howard Trade Not Imminent

By HOOPSWORLD

Basketball News & NBA Rumors

Email Print 2 Comments

The Lakers and other teams remained in talks with the Magic for Dwight Howard today, but a trade is not imminent, league sources say.

via Ken Berger via Twitter

http://www.hoopsworld.com/source-dwight-howard-trade-not-imminent

hopefully it isnt the nets...yuck

Jarrod N Rudolph ‏@JRudolphSports@damon3825: I think 48-72, but yes. I believe something will happen soon.Jarrod N Rudolph ‏@JRudolphSports@RaulRive12: Nets are still in the race. It's the Nets or Lakers.

The more I think about it the more I fear we are not even making a serious push for D12...I mean the package that could be offered from us w/ picks cannot be touched by any other team mentioned.. I bet we have been fed disinfo from the brass to make it looklike they are making a push-maybe Ferry has a plan and it does not involve diva D12 , just maybe he does not want anything todo with the guy

The more I think about it the more I fear we are not even making a serious push for D12...I mean the package that could be offered from us w/ picks cannot be touched by any other team mentioned.. I bet we have been fed disinfo from the brass to make it look like they are making a push-maybe Ferry has a plan and it does not involve diva D12 , just maybe he does not want anything to do with the guy

maybe your right but im hoping for a D12 push!

look lets be honost here with ourselves for a few minutes how about it? Lets not fool ourselves any longer with this whole D12trade possibility..There has been many articles published on the circus with us just being mentioned in a few indicating we are not even major players in this whole deal let alone a possibilty we can land the cry-baby.. Face the music folks , D12 is gonna be Laker because that is the way it should be in the NBA and media's mind , and we arejust the meat for the major media markets regular season schedules..I do not like it no more then anyone else here but Igurantee D12 will end up in a Laker uniform before this joke is finished-He will not be a Hawk , he will not be a Net either , it isLakers or bust!!! I have to admitt they set it up pretty well too

Jarrod N Rudolph ‏@JRudolphSports @damon3825: I think 48-72, but yes. I believe something will happen soon. Jarrod N Rudolph ‏@JRudolphSports @RaulRive12: Nets are still in the race. It's the Nets or Lakers.

my source of hoopsworld.com/hoopshype.com and now realgm.com is reporting it as well that nothing is close. so its all in what you believe....i think its crazy that the hawks dont get mentioned in the race as if we cant or dont have a chance at all http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/222135/Magic_Dont_Have_Howard_Trade_Imminent

look lets be honost here with ourselves for a few minutes how about it? Lets not fool ourselves any longer with this whole D12 trade possibility..There has been many articles published on the circus with us just being mentioned in a few indicating we are not even major players in this whole deal let alone a possibilty we can land the cry-baby.. Face the music folks , D12 is gonna be Laker because that is the way it should be in the NBA and media's mind , and we are just the meat for the major media markets regular season schedules..I do not like it no more then anyone else here but I gurantee D12 will end up in a Laker uniform before this joke is finished-He will not be a Hawk , he will not be a Net either , it is Lakers or bust!!! I have to admitt they set it up pretty well too

man i hope not but to be real you are probably right on the money with this speculation ......D12 will probably end up a Laker.SMH

...Face the music folks , D12 is gonna be Laker because that is the way it should be in the NBA and media's mind , and we are just the meat for the major media markets regular season schedules...

I dunno savwboy...to be honest I'm not even sure that Dwight is much of a better fit for them than Bynum now that they have Nash (although I'm sure they would do a 1 for 1 trade if they could). Dwight would seem to fit best with the Nets. With Deron and Joe they will be generally guard oriented and Dwight won't have as much pressure on him to produce offensively. He can run around and play some D and block shots and dunk and make some baby hooks in the paint...but he won't have near the pressure as he had in ORL. Some people may not realize (because of the way the season ended) - but D12 was pretty awesome for ORL through the first 3/4ths of last season - I know cause he was my lead dog in fantasy and he was putting up monster numbers every night. But, like other players, I think he would like to be around other great players so he can coast a bit through the regular season (who wouldn't?). With their guards they can throw in some dog of a center and win half the games Dwight sits out. Edited by PetroBlast

The more I think about it the more I fear we are not even making a serious push for D12...I mean the package that could be offered from us w/ picks cannot be touched by any other team mentioned.. I bet we have been fed disinfo from the brass to make it look like they are making a push-maybe Ferry has a plan and it does not involve diva D12 , just maybe he does not want anything to do with the guy

Well it's one of two things A)We aren't making a serious push B)Orlando is hesitant about trading Dwight Howard in the same division Because as you stated, no other team can touch what we can offer in terms of talent and draft picks. This is even more the case after the Nash trade because Lakers gave away draft picks. So whoever Howard goes to, if it's not the Hawks, then they either took a far inferior offer, or we never had a serious offer we were making to begin with

look lets be honost here with ourselves for a few minutes how about it? Lets not fool ourselves any longer with this whole D12 trade possibility..There has been many articles published on the circus with us just being mentioned in a few indicating we are not even major players in this whole deal let alone a possibilty we can land the cry-baby.. Face the music folks , D12 is gonna be Laker because that is the way it should be in the NBA and media's mind , and we are just the meat for the major media markets regular season schedules..I do not like it no more then anyone else here but I gurantee D12 will end up in a Laker uniform before this joke is finished-He will not be a Hawk , he will not be a Net either , it is Lakers or bust!!! I have to admitt they set it up pretty well too

No. The mainstream media only pushes LA and Brooklyn because that is where they want Dwight to end up. The mainstream media isn't pushing Dwight to Atlanta because that's not the story they want. Dwight to Atlanta is going to happen though. The local star comes back home to team up with his life long buddy, who also happens to be a local star.