• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Final Two Roster Spots

batfanjordanv

Assuming the Hawks resign free agent power forward Ivan Johnson, who they already agreed on a qualifying offer with, the Hawks will have 13 of their maximum of 15 roster spots filled. Their roster would look like this:PG - Harris/TeagueSG - Williams/Morrow/JenkinsSF - Stevenson/KorverPF - Smith/Johnson/WilliamsC - Horford/Pachulia/PetroHere are a few of the players who I think they should consider looking at to fill the final two spots:Jannero PargoKeith BensonJordan TaylorPargo was a very good backup PG to Jeff Teague last season for the Hawks. He is a good outside shooter, and is a good passer as well. He has played with Kyle Korver in Chicago, so they have chemistry together. I think that we should re-sign him, because if Devin Harris or Teague gets injured, we would only have one PG.Keith Benson was the Hawks' second round draft pick in 2011. He was waived by the Hawks last year, but he was invited back for Summer League this year. He probably impressed me more than anyone else on the Hawks' Summer League team. He is a seven footer who can get rebounds, but he also has a great touch from midrange. Signing him would add another seven footer to the roster to get some size.Jordan Taylor came off the bench in the Summer League this year for the Hawks behind Brad Wanamaker. However, Taylor took his spot midway through, and was very impressive. He can get to the FT line, shoot from the perimeter, and pass the ball.I think the Hawks should either sign Pargo and Benson or Taylor and Benson, but not Pargo and Taylor. Pargo is better now, but Taylor has potential to have a better career because he is still young.What do you think??

The Hawks have to get bigger at the SF position. Barnes, Gee, etc should be considered.Pargo is nothing special and the team doesn't really need another guard. Williams can hold down the PG in a pinch.Benson is very raw, so I really don't see a role for him on this club this year.In all, it is time to look away from what the past regime brought into the club. Look outward and find guys that are willing to play within the total team concept on offense and play good postional defense .

The Hawks have to get bigger at the SF position. Barnes, Gee, etc should be considered. Pargo is nothing special and the team doesn't really need another guard. Williams can hold down the PG in a pinch. Benson is very raw, so I really don't see a role for him on this club this year. In all, it is time to look away from what the past regime brought into the club. Look outward and find guys that are willing to play within the total team concept on offense and play good postional defense .

Yeah, now that I think about it, should Harris or Teague get injured, Anthony Morrow can take Lou Williams' starting position, and Williams can come of the bench behind either Harris or Teague (whichever one is healthy). I agree that Benson is raw, but we can always use more size given that Horford is 6'10". He could be a project for Coach Drew to work with.

Scott and Benson...Smoove will be our starting Small forward

I want Scott and Benson to make the team. Taylor really didn't impress me that much.

Mike Scott impressed me in college, but not in the Summer League. He struggled a lot to rebound over NBA talent, and his scoring wasn't great either.

The Hawks have to get bigger at the SF position. Barnes, Gee, etc should be considered. Pargo is nothing special and the team doesn't really need another guard. Williams can hold down the PG in a pinch. Benson is very raw, so I really don't see a role for him on this club this year. In all, it is time to look away from what the past regime brought into the club. Look outward and find guys that are willing to play within the total team concept on offense and play good postional defense .

Agreed we need height. Maybe benson as theist spot on the bench but I hope we find a decent sf. Think that's critical

I currently feel that DeShawn Stevenson and Kyle Korver will be enough at the SF. Stevenson was a starter on the 2011 Mavs Championship team, and he is a lockdown defender. He will be able to keep guys like LeBron, KD, Melo, and Pierce under control (something Marvin was never able to do). As for Korver, he could backup Stevenson. He is a sharpshooter and will help space the floor. If one of them were to get injured, we can move Smoove to the 3.