• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ranking the PGs... Where's Teague?

Diesel

• Admin

I'm saying I like Rubio more than Teague, his passing is amazing although his shooting percentage and defense is horrible and will be a problem on the future, anyway he creates a lot for his teammates so a true Floor General for me. About Conley his numbers are pretty much the same than Teague's, just 1 assist more and I think he is already on his peak, Teague is a better defender, more athletic and if you compare Teague's production on his second year to Conley's production on his second year starting Teague is simply better.

If you think Rubio's defence is terrible you obviously have never seen him play. He is a really good defender...Rubio is much better then teague. Conley actually runs an offense .... Teague does not.

If you think Rubio's defence is terrible you obviously have never seen him play. He is a really good defender...Rubio is much better then teague. Conley actually runs an offense .... Teague does not.

Yea, Rubio is one of the best defensive PGs in the league (starting at least). He's pretty much Rondo 2.0 with the potential to be a better shooter while being less athletic.

I've seen Rubio play more than anyone on this forum, in fact anyone on this forum have not seen 1/4 of the games I've seen from Rubio, I know him very well as I live on Spain and he has played on my team for 4 years. Rubio now is the new player on the league and everything seems to be great but in 2 years you will begin to see his limitations and he has many of them, his shooting is horrible and is his main weakness and his defense is not so good, probably I exagerated when I said is horrible it`s true. He steals a lot intercepting passes, is a good help defender and has a good wingspan for a PG but is not fast and players will begin to use that on one on one. Nearly any PG on this league is faster than Rubio, he will get dribbled a lot on the future once players realize that.

And I never said Teague was better than Rubio, I said I like Rubio more than Teague, he can organize a team. But put Rose one on one with both of them and you will see he will have better FG% against Rubio than against Teague.

Maybe. I still say Rubio's a much better overall defender than Teague, and Rubio's got a real nice wingspan. If in 2 years he starts sucking it up defensively then sure. But he looks good defending point guards and assuming leg injuries don't catch up to him I don't see that changing much.

Maybe. I still say Rubio's a much better overall defender than Teague, and Rubio's got a real nice wingspan. If in 2 years he starts sucking it up defensively then sure. But he looks good defending point guards and assuming leg injuries don't catch up to him I don't see that changing much.

The best thing about Rubio is that he probably is the most clever player I've seen play, he reads so well the game that allows him to see the passes better than anyone either on offense and deffense, that allow him to steal a lot of balls but if you attack him one on one and protects well the ball while dribbiling he will not be able to stand in front of guys like Rose, Lawson, Paul, Westbrook, Wall, Irving, Teague, Holiday...

The best thing about Rubio is that he probably is the most clever player I've seen play, he reads so well the game that allows him to see the passes better than anyone either on offense and deffense, that allow him to steal a lot of balls but if you attack him one on one and protects well the ball while dribbiling he will not be able to stand in front of guys like Rose, Lawson, Paul, Westbrook, Wall, Irving, Teague, Holiday...

Agreed (except maybe on Holliday), but PGs in general aren't great defenders. There's Westbrook and Rondo, and then there's Rubio and Holliday. Maybe Teague, he's got some learning to do.

• Premium Member

Two major omissions from the OP's list are Stephen Curry, who is definitely a top 10 PG when healthy . . and Kyrie Irving, who is the absolute truth. I don't think Teague could make this play with the game on the line. http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHRPDe5lMxs Rose ( when healthy ) Paul Deron Westbrook Rondo Nash Irving Curry Parker Lawson Kyrie especially has a chance to be truly special. Depending on the health of Derrick Rose, he has an outside shot to make the All-Star game.

While Teague is definitely no Kyrie.... and not in his league... Teague can definitely do that play... Look back over Atlanta vs. Chicago.. Teague made the best defense in the game look like fools in the playoffs.