• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

My Tribute To Chipper

Colin

• Moderators

Great article. Chipper deserves everything he is getting this season. The guy has done nothing but try to take this team on his back for 19 years. Sure he had a lot of help but switching positions, re-negotiating contracts to free up cash, extending early. The dude is Mr. Brave. I try not to say bad things about Glavine and Smoltz because they were unbelievable players for the Braves, but i can't help but get a a little pleasure at their expense out of of the Chipper farewell tour. This is the storybook that they desperately wanted for themselves but they let money and pride get in their own way. I know a lot of folks will disagree with that and i'm not trying to start an argument but that's the way i see it. Which reminds me, no video tribute from either of those guys on Friday. Any idea why? We had Javy, Andruw, Otis, Eddie Perez, Leo Mazzone.I'm also a huge Hank Aaron fan and still don't think he gets the recognition he deserves as a ball player and high quality guy. I always wanted to sell this tshirt around turner field. I'll go 50/50 if someone wants in :)Greatest Atlanta Braves Hitters:1. H. Aaron2. H. Aaron3. H. Aaron4 C. Jones5. D. Murphy

• Moderators

Wrote an article about how much Chipper influenced me as I grew up. http://www.rantsport...s-my-childhood/

BTW Colin, keep doing what you're doing. You may not realize it but your the generation of Braves fans that is making this franchise a classic team like the yanks, phils, sox, cubs. My generation, while big fans, weren't as hardcore as your generation. Mainly because the team was't good in our childhood years but still.