• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Deshawn Stevenson may need to start at the 3 for these reasons......

JTB

-First off we cant put both morrow and korver in the starting lineup....our defense will get torched!-Deshawn stevenson seems like a safe pick at small forward if we need to keep smith at pf...which we may need to do anyhow cause again we have no center and horford is the best option there-Deshawn has defense where korver and morrow doesnt-Deshawn can spread the floor with his corner 3pt shot which is good enough where damien james cant shoot well at all but can defend well on the perimeter....hopefully he makes the roster-Anthony tolliver isnt a sf because to me he's too slow to play perimeter defense. though he can shoot, Deshawn is again the best choice-smith isnt a great shooter but he is a decent defender on the perimeter but even better defender inside....again deshawn can defend the perimeter and shoot the 3 ball at a decent avg.-LD and Ferry has talked about spreading the floor so much with shooters and letting our quick guys attack the goal but Im sure the expect defense on the perimeter as well....I hate to say it but Deshawn wins the SF position with ease!our lineup should be (if these players make it on the roster that is)Starterspg-teaguesg-morrow or korversf-deshawnpf-smithc-horfordBenchpg-harrissg-lou williams (korver or morrow will be playing spot minutes)sf-damion james (followed by tolliver and probably korver)pf-ivanc-pachulia/petroLineup that will be on court most of the time:pg-teaguesg-lousf-deshawnpf-smithc-horfordcomments.........

I agree with the starters as constructed now. But there is a logjam with Korver, Toliver and James at the 3. We actually have 4/5 SF's. Someone may be moved for a big. I see DeShawn matched aginst the opponents better offensive wing rather it be a 2 or three. With DeShawn at 2 Zaza may start at center with Josh sliding to the 3 or Toliver starting at the three, dependng on matchups.At any rate, Lou is in the clutch time lineup with Al, Josh, Harris and either Zaza or Teague or Toliver.

• Admin

Korver is actually a good team defender and much more of a hustlerAs for Lou getting the bulk of the minutes...not a fan simply because that is when we get torched. He can't guard shooting guards and suddenly we have a mini me backcourt that shooting guards are going to destroy

Korver is really not a bad defender. Not great, but not bad. I'd say Stevenson and Morrow probably start, but if Josh starts at 3 I feel Morrow gets the start at 2.

Korver's defensive shortcomings aren't attributed to his effort at all, as he is one of the hardest working players on defense. He just isn't fast enough to guard quick 3's, and isn't strong enough to guard strong 3's.

• Moderators

I feel that the starting lineup for the first preseason game will be the starting lineup going forward. Korver will be at 3 and Deshawn at 2. Not the biggest fan of the lineup, but it is what it is. As I have said before, I wouldn't mind Smith at 3, but I feel that we are too thin at C to start Zaza. I liked what I saw out of Tolliver. He hustles on defense and after rebounds and is always communicating. Liked what I saw out of James too. Plays great D as well and attacks the hoop on offense.I really feel like another trade is coming at/before the deadline for another good post player and a pick... Then again, DF could just ride this crew out until next year when the contracts expire and he puts in a bid for DH12 or another big. Who knows. I'd personally like to see Korver and Deshawn kept...