• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

A real TOPIC!!!!

Diesel

• Premium Member

Who will be the new coach after Stotts is shown the door?

Let's be honest here.... I think Stotts is as lame duck as it comes. He's been given an opportunity, however, the other night I was wondering if Lon Kruger had come back and was calling plays from the stand or something... Oxymoron... Lon Kruger.... Calling plays?!!!

Anyway, I think Stotts was offered the position because we didn't have any owners and we were forced to make a move. For him it was a chance. For us, it was cheap labor (stability). However, once the new ownership becomes official... I believe that Stotts might be on his way out, unless the Hawks start playing better..

But Diesel, it's only been one game...

OK, let me show you what I saw:

1. Lack of Structured offense. Spacing, play calling, Motion... None of this was evident.

2. inability to adjust on offense. Going into the second half, Stotts was outcoached by N.O. They made a halftime adjustment that we couldn't do anything about??

3. Time outs... Use them. When we were up and Darryl Armstrong hit the big three... It was time to call a T.O. Just to break the momentum and to reaffirm our goal. But NO...We let Armstrong go on the one man 7-0 run.

So here's what came to mind considering the owners:

1. Fratello -80%

2. Pat Riley -10%

3. Dave Cowens - 10%

The GM position might also be up for grabs....

1. Nique -30%

2. M.L. Carr -25%

3. No change -45%

• Premium Member

These owners did not OK Stotts as coach.

In fact, Stotts was brought in to coach the team because the ownership deal with McDavid was trudging on and something had to be done.

Stotts has done well by teaching some semblence of Defense. However, offensively, we still haven't gone anywhere.

What I like is Stotts choice of coaching staff.

What worries me is the fact that Stotts offense is troubled. It might be one game... But then again, the same was thought of Lon last year... In fact, if it were up to some of you, Lon would still be here.

All I'm saying is that if we continue to play like we did against Charlotte, by Jan when the owners take over, their choice for coach might be made...

Yeah, no doubt there'd be a different coach had the ownership situation been resolved earlier.

It's kind of troublesome that Stotts didn't ever get a head coaching gig after so many years with Karl.

JTFan,

Stotts would not have been the coach if ownership had switched sooner.

We would have pulled in a bigger name at coach, I am sure.

I don't think Diesel is being "chicken little" or "pessimistic", I think he is being a realist. We need someone to draw fans and Stotts is not that man, yet. Further, I don't think he would have this opportunity had ownership been resolved.

Play.

Riley was probably the most popular Coach in the NBA when he went to Miami and their attendance has not been very good, particularly over the last few years. You know why? Because they haven't been very good and they had no stars.

As for Stotts, if he wins this year, he'll stay. If he doesn't, he'll be a scapegoat. It's that simple. Honestly, at this point, I'm not sure John Wooden could have won with these guys.