• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

People wonder why people leave this site

phoostal

I'm not going to mention any names. I think most can figure it out yourselves.

But, it really isn't enjoyable coming onto this site. It is a far different scene then when I first started on this site a little over three years ago.

The spew of negativity and hatered towards this team is sickening.

People will bring up facts about the Hawks, and the people that dominate this board are just so one sided with their negative views. That nothing ever gets through to them.

This site should not be called Hawksquawk. It should be called "My opinion is the truth by (name 1, name 2 and name 3), yours doesn't matter!" This way everyone knows what they are in for when coming on this site.

At least most of the people on this site have objective opinions. Even when these naysayers spout off. Supporters will somewhat agree with what they say and give their opinions in return. Instead of having an inteligent conversation they are shot down like they don't know anything. The dominant faction doesn't even respond to the comments people make. They are so stuck in their views they won't change. What kind of board is that?

At least I can say I look at the whole picture and not dwell on the negative. But, I hear those views and I can make arguments for the negativity and for the positives. Which most on this board do. With the exception of a few and this is who I'm talking about.

WHAT THE F***? It's only been one game, it's a new coach, the players are finally healthy for a year, new ownership and they are a young team. GIVE THEM AN F'N CHANCE!

Instead we hear the pathetic rhetoric that comes across in these threads. It's shameful these people are even Hawks fans.

I think we have one common goal and that is the Hawks to do well. But, with some of the fans we have they don't deserve to support a winner. They should just jump on to another band wagon. They don't know the meaning of support.

I would almost be happy seeing the Hawks fail for their entire lives for all the S$$$ they say against the team. But, because I care about the Hawks I would rather them win.

This is just my opinion. I know some of you might not agree and I'm okay with that. Unlike most I look at the whole picture. Sometimes you just have to vent.

And NO, I'm not going to leave this site because we have some people that are one-sided with their opinions. Why should we let them rule this site with their views. I'm sure others might agree.

P

ppl like Hotlanta etc. need to get a friggin life

i mean its cool to get off on the negative side of things, but why make a career of it..

while the first game was dissapointing, i dont think its time to throw in the towel after one game

if the team sux so bad whats the point of getting on the chat or board and constantly posting negative doom crap?

im not sure

lets hope things take a turn for the better here smile.gif

A-freaking-men. Good way to put it, thats exactly what I was talking about in my post, refer to "I know this site to voice your opinion, but"

I feel the exact same way phoostal, only one game away against a team that is favor to be 4th or 5th in the playoff race.

There are alot of JT, Reef and Stotts haters here and they are only judging them from one game, one game, WTF is wrong with you guys you blame these 3 because of one game that we could of easily won. I know is to voice your opinions, but to make comments like trade JT, JT sucks, Reef sucks, who would replace Stotts are totally childish and uneducated comments....people that dont know much about basketball, yes I said it you 3 guys dont know jack about the game, if you all did, then you wouldnt be making comments like that.

• Premium Member

I'm not totally hating.

I think from the first game, we can see that we will be OK. OUr best players played like Crap and we still were in the game. That means that our defense, rebounding deserves applause. I've said that.

MY point was that we lost in the exact same manner of our losses last year... and we don't have Big Dog. That means that Big Dog wasn't the whole problem and really wasn't even the major problem. That was MY Point. Hence, the subject... "Where are the pundits"...

For those of you who advocate going to other sites... Jay Walker wrote an ARTICLE that articulated that SAME POINT... So what's the problem??

I think it's more of a problem of who said it than what was said...

If J says it, it's OK..

If Diesel says the same thing... He's so negative.

errrrrrrr, wrong again Diesel. Is different when you voice your opinion on the team in a somewhat of a educated manner but is different the way you do it, you bash the team and players. Comments like......Stotts being fired already, JT cannot run the point or trade JT, you know what I am talking about. One game and you want to fired Stotts and trade JT. Now those comments are uneducated. Jay Walker makes educated comments you are totally the opposite thats why I voice my opinion about you and not Jay.

Jay says things like " I think JT should improve on this and do this and not do that" and "I think Stotts should start going to Reef more and start making his team play better defense? you know comments like that

On the other hand your comments are "who should be the Hawks coach when Stotts is shown the door" or "lets trade JT JT he is not a tru point guard and lets pick up Mike Wilks"

Those are the comments that disgust me about you.

JTFan,

Wow! Now i know nothing about basketball?

Man, that is classic.

First, I never said trade JT or Jackson or Reef or Dion or Terry. I said I would have never resigned Terry nor signed Jackson.

I think we did the Jackson thing because we had to. We had no one else in the market. Had our owners been in place, we'd have signed someone else.

Terry was going to be signed. I hate it, but it is the truth.

But, you keep saying I am basing things on ONE game. This is FAR from the truth. I am basing Terry's play on last year and what he has done so far. He played the same way he did last year. He couldn't control the offense or run set plays. He was even sat because of his lackluster play! And he pouted.

I am basing my opinion on Jackson, based on a LOT of factors. One of which is that I got to see a lot of San Antonio games. Jackson is fire... but he is also out of control. If he averages under 4 TOs, I'd be suprised. Heck, I'd be happy if it were under 4.5.

Stotts... well, my decision on him is up in the air. He wouldn't be my first choice, but I think the same is true for the owners. I wouldn't fire him either. That would just cause instability.

So, back off. My opinions don't lack merit because I am percieved as overly negative.

Also, I do reconcile my errors. I said I was not sure about Dion... but was the first to back off last year and after last nights game I called him one of the bright spots. I was concerned that they quit going to him.

So shove it. Really. If you want to talk ball, then talk. If you want to discuss why the hawks rock... then do it. But don't waste time or space discussing how my, or anyone else's opinion, is negative. Skip the post if you must.

Play.

• Premium Member

In reply to:

Jay says things like " I think JT should improve on this and do this and not do that" and "I think Stotts should start going to Reef more and start making his team play better defense? you know comments like that

On the other hand your comments are "who should be the Hawks coach when Stotts is shown the door" or "lets trade JT JT he is not a tru point guard and lets pick up Mike Wilks"

This shows me that you don't read my post at all. IN every case that you have brought up, there is a forgotten preference that you failed to point out.

About Stotts, I said: If he continues in this direction, he will be shown the door.

About Terry, I said: I hope that he learns to play PG.

I don't think you can find many bad things about Reef in my post. I have never said he should be traded or that he's a bad player. I said that I was disappointed that he couldn't dominate Lynch... But that's about it.

Jay on the otherhand.. Can't be as liberal with his words as I can. Jay is on the inside. If he were as liberal, the doors might be shut in his face. So he has to give the soft answer. Still... The essence of what we are saying is the same. What I found funny is that you had the nerve to say my comments are uneducated?? Really. I'm sure I know far more about the Hawks than many of you. I have been watching the Hawks Longer than you. I have been a fan of the Hawks well before the 4 yrs of failure that JT has brung. I am sure that I can make a rock solid case for most any position that I take Based on fact! Can you say the same. NO. even your commentary on me and what I say is based on some misplaced Loyalty to JT??? You can neither Backup nor Justify what you believe about JT.

When I say JT is an undersized SG, can you dispute that?

When I say JT has done nothing to bring us toward a playoff birth even though the competition of the Eastern Conference has grown Systematcially Weaker.. Can you build a case on what makes JT valuable??

JT's game is the majority owner of the Hawks lack of winning. The Lone constants to our Losing years have been Babcock and JT.

Either JT will have to learn to be a PG or he will have to move out of the way and let somebody else run the offense. But for us to continue to invest years into a player who says one thing and does another makes no sense.

D ~ your being a "fan of the Hawks" does not magically qualify your opinion as more valuable, more informed, or more insightful...sometimes you go on these rants where you act like this is your personal site and it's purely rediculous. Settle down and back up some of your reasoning/ or perhaps provide insight into how you think the current team could improve...not always with trades, cause they don't happen that often.

• Premium Member

There are 2 ways this current team can improve.

1. Start Diaw. Start Diaw in place of Jackson. This is the most radical of the two ways. Reason being:

a. Diaw is a rookie with Little NBA Experience.

b. Diaw is a Nonscoring player.

c. Jackson won't like it.

However, the reason why we start Diaw is because it's possible that Diaw could run the offense and allow JT to be more effective as a Scorer. I believe it will take Diaw about 1/2 a season to be able to run the offense, but the sooner the better. Diaw also helps our defense. Diaw doesn't lose any athleticism. This also means that Jackson comes off the bench as a designated scorer. He and Nailon would add impact scoring to the lineup.

The Second way to improve our team is:

Bring Terry off the bench.

What if our starting lineup was Diaw/Glover/Jackson/SAR/Theo.

This is a squad that is together and we can build up a game plan namely run and gun...

There is a third way...

Motion offense with the offense initiating from Reef. There are 3 things Reef would have to do:

1. Learn to spin baseline.

2. Learn to pass out of the post.

3. Desire to score everytime he touches the ball.

Again.. Instead of having a conventional offense with a PG running plays.. We can have an offensive set whereby Reef sets up on the left blocks.... Once he gets the ball he either spins baseline or spins into the lane to score, or passes out.

The issue is Reef's ability to be a low post scorer. He has it. He is paid big money because of his offensive ability. Well, if he gets the big money, we have to ride him. This means that everyone else is not just standing around, but the offense moves around Reef. Reef would have to become an expert at hitting a cutter. Glover is perfect for this role. Reef would have to be an expert and finding his Shooters on the arc. Reef would have to be an expert and finding a MOving Theo once he spins into traffic in the lane.

The way that this would work is that the coaches would have to plan for every in case... Namely, teams will sit in wait for Reef to do his moves in the low post. However, their response creates opening. Either outside or inside and we'd hve to learn to move without the ball. What it would lead to is Reef becoming a triple double kind of PF. I think it's possible... IF Reef can learn to spin baseline. His INto the lane spin has become so much a part of his game that teams expect it and plan against it. IF Reef spin went baseline... He'd scare the whole league because he's hard enough to stop with one move.

For this option, get your Utah and SA tapes together.

Diesel,

Option 3 is the most viable, this early in the season. Further, it will have long term impact on the Hawks as a team. I think we would learn to be cohesive as a unit.

Reef knows how to spin baseline. His first and second year were all moves to the baseline. He rarely went to the center of the court. He had Sid Lowe and "A-train" ruin him and teach him that he needed to spin to the center to open up teammates. They also started the whole "Reef for 3" project.

Reef can pass out of the post. He showed that last year and has improved upon it every year. I think the difference between him and the other big name PFs is that they have a system whereby they get the ball and peopel move. This doesn't allow strong doubles and also gets open shots for others.

The desire to score was removed by Sid Lowe and A-train. Their patented "gaurd-gaurd" offense basically relegated Reef to a jump shooter. This is when he developed this passive style of play.

Option 2 is not plausible. I am not a fan of JT, nor do I think he can run point, but he is a decent ball handler. That is something that would be missing from that lineup. Diaw would NOT be able to consistently bring the ball up count, I do not believe.

Option 1 is something to look at two months down the road. You can't bench Jackson over one game. I think by the end of the year Diaw is starting... but doing so after one game would be a sign of weakness and symbolic of hitting the "panic button". We need to see hopw that turns out. Diaw also needs time to acclimate to the pro game.

Play.

In fact, I was just thinking about posting something of this nature. I have become utterly sick of all the negative that is continually posted on this site. I mean, when went through the off-season bitching and moaning, but I have seen the biggest whiners come out after ONE game! This is just crazy. I came onto this site a year or two ago and I don't remember it ever being this bad. I'm to the point now that if anyone says anything remotely negative in a thread and it seems like they are just repeating themselves, I don't even continue. This is the reason I hardly ever post anymore. That and it seems like my opinions, like you said, are not even taken seriously. It is really tragic that true fans who are some-what optomistic about the season have to weed through all the bullsh*t that is posted to even find anything remotely interesting. Just my opinion.

Actually, that time was just before the season started. The time when hotlanta was actually saying things constructively and without too much hate. But then we lost and everyone decided to give up after ONE game.

I can't say this enough...

IT_WAS_ONE_GAME!

JUST ONE!

F*cking get over it!

...you just reiterate the same crap over and over and over again without listening or maybe just not understanding other peoples point-of-view. Really, a lot of the things you mention make sense and many times you are enciteful. You just don't have to repeat yourself a million times to try and force something down someone's throut.

Im glad that not only me feel this way about the comments that Diesel, Hotlanta and Playmaker keep posting over and over and over. How many more times are you gonna say that JT is not a PG? 20 million more, you guys have said that like 30 times and just after one game. Lets see how the none PG plays tonight against the very good PG Jamal Crawford. JT IMO is a very good PG and will just keep on improving, he will come out with fire tonight.

I don't consdider myself negative about the hawks. I think I just realize that this team is going nowhere. I hate to admit it and wish I didn't feel that way because I really like JT and SAR and the rest of the guys but I just don't feel they have what it takes to win consistently. that is my view. You may think differently and thats cool. I hope they will prove me wrong, but I don't see anything wrong w/ starting a debate over how to make our team better. Thats why I come here. i don't pretend to know it all. i value other fans ideas on improving the team.

We all want the same thing and one day, hopefully soon we weil get it.

Ok and I respect your decision Cody. But what we are basing this post on is does that continually daily to come in here and talk about JT sucks, Reef sucks and fire Stotts. Thats what we are talking about Cody and as I recall you have hardly done that. Is ok to say it once or twice but to repeadly saying it daily it gets very old and annoying, so my response to those guys are , if you dont like the team go to another forum.

Talk about how to make the team better is great....in the off season ...but [censored] we finally have some games to talk about ...all people here want to talk about is JT sucks the Hawks suck ...we can't win...then [censored] go root for the Lakers. Everybody here sees whats going on with the Hawks...but they are what they are...no need to say the same shiit over and over and act like it is law. Lets' talk some current game Xs and Os ...[censored]....all a person can repeat is we suck...you can do they is one post at the end of the season.

perfect world. Start Diaw-a Rookie,who no matter how you look at it isn't a PG but rather a SG or Point Forward. Man I wonder what it's like to be in your world. You don't even realize ignorantly how you post.You want us to bench JT after the first game.................................

~Peace

JTFan,

Why don't you spend your time constructively analyzing the team rather than pouting and whining about how some people post?

Why make a whole thread about what other people say. I mean, why not cry to mommy or something?

Obviously, Diesel and I are talking about something we are passionate about. We don't feel the need to "hear no evil, see no evil or speak no evil".

If that is your response then so be it. Skip the post and move on. But this thread is ridiculous. Get over your highhanded BS and realize that we are all entitled to write what is on our mind -- whether or not you agree with what is written.

I mean what are you --- a post-nazi?

That is what I will call you .... JTFAN "The Post-Commie".

Seriously, let it go. You obviously don't like what I have to say, then either debate it or move on. It is simple.

Play.

I love this site! Some of the best minds in B'ball reside here.

You have Diesel, Walter (did he die?), KB21 (don't draft Griffin!), Traceman (Mr. GM), Jwalker, and just to name a few.

But should Hawks fans be pissed....[censored] yes! They should have kept their draft choices instead of Rahim, Robinson, and Wright. Even I thought that some of those moves were the (W)right ones. What you have now is a disinterested Terry, overrated rahim, and a frustrated Ratliff!. Not a good mix.

There is hope... the new owners are some of the purist NBA fans alive! Give them a few years and they will work their magic, but until then enjoy the League for what it is...Gladiators In Action.