• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Idea for head coaching change

Watchman

It occurred to me that the Lakers did a lot better with Bernie Bickerstaff as their interim head coach than they did with the "bigger name" coaches Brown and D'Antoni. Now he's back in an assistant coaching role with the Lakers.

Let's give him a shot.

• Moderators

...or we can stick with Drew. We are winning with him. Why would we want to take a winning team and completely change the gameplan with a new coach? This team took a little while to get up to speed, Drew included. Drew has a completely new team to learn and make a game plan around. He has had his time where he has forgotten about guys on the bench and made bad substitutions, but it is getting much better. If he keeps this up, I think the Hawks should extend him and not fire him.

As for Bickerstaff, he did what every backup should do... Step in and keep the train rolling for a short period of time. Head coaches like Rivers, Pop, and Carlisle do that for 82 games.

"He has had his time where he has forgotten about guys on the bench and made bad substitutions, but it is getting much better."

I must have missed that. To me that is what is so frustrating about Drew. He is terrible with substitutions. Also, how many other teams alter their lineup on a nightly basis depending on their opponents? He lets Smith do whatever he wants, but benches Teague on a whim. I don't see anything worthwhile about keeping him around.

• Like 1

• Moderators

"He has had his time where he has forgotten about guys on the bench and made bad substitutions, but it is getting much better."

I must have missed that. To me that is what is so frustrating about Drew. He is terrible with substitutions. Also, how many other teams alter their lineup on a nightly basis depending on their opponents? He lets Smith do whatever he wants, but benches Teague on a whim. I don't see anything worthwhile about keeping him around.

When was the last time the Hawks had a bench with this many quality guys in the rotation? Most coaches only make game plans and rotations for going only 7-9 deep... LD goes 10 deep just about every night and that's with an overload of guards and a short front court w/o a true wing man to play SF... and LD having to change out the starters on a per game basis is a question of talent and personel, not a question of the coach. Personally, I am fine with a different starting rotation on per game basis because I'd rather see Zaza out there vs. bigger centers than to watch Horf get dominated the whole night or to see Smith on LBJ/Carmelo/Gay than to see Korver or bad-knees Deshawn vs. them...

LD is honestly pretty solid. There are much worse coaches. hate to beet a dead horse, but his big failing is letting Josh shoot jumpers, but Josh is doing a little bit better this year about posting up. I'd still like a new voice though next year.