• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Magic's advise to Cuban

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/dallas-mavericks/headlines/20130121-magic-johnson-mark-cuban-should-make-a-deal-for-dwight-howard-this-season.ece According to Magic, Hawks will go after Dwight. So MJ's advise to Cuban is to call Buss and give up everyone besides Dirk and land Dwight. Not sure why Magic is giving advise to the Mavs against his beloved Lakers....smells fishy...Is Dwight injury prone now, does he suck? What's goin on?

• Premium Member

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/dallas-mavericks/headlines/20130121-magic-johnson-mark-cuban-should-make-a-deal-for-dwight-howard-this-season.ece According to Magic, Hawks will go after Dwight. So MJ's advise to Cuban is to call Buss and give up everyone besides Dirk and land Dwight. Not sure why Magic is giving advise to the Mavs against his beloved Lakers....smells fishy...Is Dwight injury prone now, does he suck? What's goin on?

This is the beginning of the mind games. Is Magic sincerely trying to help the Mavericks? Does he desire any one on the Maverick's roster in a trade? The answer to both questions is likely no. What he does realize is that Dwight going to Atlanta could be a real possibility, hence Ferry's refusal to deal Josh and Josh's desire to stay all of a sudden. So how can Magic try to stir the pot and help his Lakers not lose Howard for nothing, but instead get the best return possible? Make it seem as if he's trying to help Dallas by suggesting a trade, but really hoping to scare Atlanta into offering up a ton in the unlikely event that the Lakers actually do consider trading Howard. Hopefully the Hawks can land Howard and still improve their team.
  • Like 1

This is the beginning of the mind games. Is Magic sincerely trying to help the Mavericks? Does he desire any one on the Maverick's roster in a trade? The answer to both questions is likely no. What he does realize is that Dwight going to Atlanta could be a real possibility, hence Ferry's refusal to deal Josh and Josh's desire to stay all of a sudden. So how can Magic try to stir the pot and help his Lakers not lose Howard for nothing, but instead get the best return possible? Make it seem as if he's trying to help Dallas by suggesting a trade, but really hoping to scare Atlanta into offering up a ton in the unlikely event that the Lakers actually do consider trading Howard. Hopefully the Hawks can land Howard and still improve their team.

You are finally getting it Jody! lol :-)

As I have been saying Dwight will be coming home next year. I know it's hard for most fans to graps, "Someone wants to come to the Hawks??? O_o"

But yes, Magic knows this.

These are the most telling quote.

(parallel phrases)

Smoove: "Me and Danny have talked. He and I have a good understanding of which way this franchise want to go."

Danny: “He’s excited for next season,” he said. “We haven’t really gone in that direction with him [on roster plans]. But we’ve talked about how we’re going to play. We’ve talked about other players. His ideas, my ideas. I’m just trying to establish a relationship.”

Link to Danny's quote. http://blogs.ajc.com...going-anywhere/

Next you here is Deron Williams is mad at Dwight Howard.... Why? because he knows Dwight wants to come home baby! lol

• Premium Member

@BrothaWhether you've got inside info or not, I give you props for suggesting it before anyone else. ALOT can still happen between now and free agency and teams will be out to mess over us and anyone else in order to get what they want. That being said, I'm cautiously excited about the possibilities, but we should beware of Mark Cuban.

• Like 1

Dwight does suck this year. He is a shell of his former self.

On the positive side he still has 1/2 the season to regain his form.

• Moderators

Ah ha! Now the board sees the light. Dwight wants to come home. He wants to be our next great center and it sounds to me that Magic kinda hates the Hawks... He knew all along that Smith was a big part of keeping Dwight and that's why he was pushing the Pau/Josh trade so much, but he underestimated one thing - home and Dwight loves Atlanta as much as Atlanta love him back... Now that the Lakers suck, he is starting to see that Dwight probably isn't going to stay and Atlanta is the biggest option. Why would he be telling Cuban this though? Why would he be sooo concerned about where Dwight is going next year? Also, if Dwight wants to be a Hawk, then why would Cuban want to sell the house if he is more than likely going to lose him to Atlanta? I've said it before, where a player plays doesn't matter as much to them as long as they are winning and getting paid... It's the media that wants Dwight to stay in La La Land or play for another marque team. No one outside of Atlanta wants to see Dwight suit up for the Hawks and honestly, I think Dwight likes being a big fish in a small pond. ASA FA begins, Danny needs to put Dwight on the private jet and pay to move him to Atlanta... Come on home Dwight!!!

You are finally getting it Jody! lol :-)

As I have been saying Dwight will be coming home next year. I know it's hard for most fans to graps, "Someone wants to come to the Hawks??? O_o"

But yes, Magic knows this.

And I really think this is where a lot of the disbelief stems from. It's been years since Nique suited up for the Hawks and the Hawks FO have been just happy to win games and get to the playoffs since, but now that Levenson wants something more and has given Ferry the keys, things are going to get much, much better. The Hawks WILL win a title with Dwight. I'm going to call it for the 2015-16 season because we still need a big shooting guard (DeRozan, George, Turner, Hamilton-type guy...) that can score consistently and to build up the bench. IFWT.

• Moderators

...So how can Magic try to stir the pot and help his Lakers not lose Howard for nothing, but instead get the best return possible? Make it seem as if he's trying to help Dallas by suggesting a trade, but really hoping to scare Atlanta into offering up a ton in the unlikely event that the Lakers actually do consider trading Howard. Hopefully the Hawks can land Howard and still improve their team.

Ferry has told LAL no three times already for Pau/Smith, Pau/Horford & Teague, and Pau/Smith & Korver. I think Ferry will put on his best poker face and call LA's bluff. Ferry knows that the team is better with Horford at 4 and with Teague here (either as a starter or backup). LA is going to get so screwed in this deal and I hope it takes them YEARS to recover and that slimy Kupcake gets canned... Posted Image

• Premium Member

Ferry has told LAL no three times already for Pau/Smith, Pau/Horford & Teague, and Pau/Smith & Korver. I think Ferry will put on his best poker face and call LA's bluff. Ferry knows that the team is better with Horford at 4 and with Teague here (either as a starter or backup). LA is going to get so screwed in this deal and I hope it takes them YEARS to recover and that slimy Kupcake gets canned... Posted Image

I don't think it will be that simple. Should the Lakers decide to deal Dwight and we don't offer what they desire, they will threaten to or actually deal him to Dallas as they'll be more interested in gaining cap space to reload. The Hawks have to be very careful in the way they play this situation.

To everyone that is saying Dwight is broken down and done....
IF 17 points, 13 rebounds and 2.5 blocks is Dwight on a bad day, i'll take it. He is still the best Center in the NBA and will be for a while IMO.
Glad to see Magic Johnson mention us first. He knows more about what is going on inside the Lakers organization more than anyone. He tried first giving us Gasol, now he is trying to get Dallas to take Dwight from us. He definitely knows something.

• Premium Member

One concern I do have in all this is the current status of Josh Smith. In the unlikely event that a team offers a legit all-star or some other no-brainer offer that makes sense AND allows the Hawks to keep financial flexibility, does Dwight still consider coming here even if Josh is gone? I don't think it's likely Smoove goes anywhere, but what if though?

Some of you still believe in pipe dreams. Do any of you even watch the rest of the league and know who the players are?

This is a PLOY by Magic to bring in MORE TALENT to the Lakers. NOT to help the Mavs and especially the Hawks

From Jody:

"This is the beginning of the mind games. Is Magic sincerely trying to help the Mavericks? Does he desire any one on the Maverick's roster in a trade? The answer to both questions is likely no"

Jody, let me ask you this. If you're the Los Angeles Lakers, and your team is struggling big time WITH Dwight Howard. And your other post man in Pau Gasol has been relegated to secondary status. And Nash is still trying to get back to where he was last year, let alone at an All-Star level. And you have one of the worst benches in the league. Does keeping Dwight REALLY help the Lakers in the short term?

Remember, this is a Laker franchise that is all about winning NOW, and they have that mentality every year. If they truly think that Dwight does not fit with the team ( although I think they need a legit coach that knows how to handle those players ), then they may look to pull the trigger on a trade that will bring them assets.

See, what the rest of you do not understand, is that there is such of a thing as addition by subtraction, even if it means giving up a significant player. When Magic says that the Mavs should "give away the farm" to get Dwight, he's really saying ( give us 3 or 4 of your rotation players that D'Antoni can use, so that we can become a strong TEAM once again . . and YOU can have that pipe dream of signing Dwight )

It has nothing to do with Dwight and Atlanta. Magic simply threw out our name . . and Brooklyn's . . because those are the 2 teams that have been rumored to want to bring Dwight in. But keep in mind that Dwight has only said that he'd play for one of those teams . . . BROOKLYN . . . and not ATLANTA.

And yes, if these trade rumors to Atlanta are to be taken seriously, he NEEDS to say that he is at least looking at us to come here. Until that day comes, you have to assume that he DOES NOT want to come here. And his silence would be just another instance in which the Hawks are used by a player to get what he wants from some other team.

If the Mavs offered the Lakers Shawn Marion ( SF ), OJ Mayo ( G ), Chris Kaman ( C ), and Rodrigue Beaubois ( PG ) for Dwight Howard, I would almost bet the house that the Lakers . . a franchise who is ALWAYS in win now mode . . . would jump at that. Why? Because if the Lakers did that, this would be their team.

PG - Nash

G - Kobe

F - World Peace

PF - Marion

C - Gasol

6th - Mayo

7th - Kaman

8th - Jamison

9th - Beubois

10th - Hill

Why would they do this? Because these are the very type of players in which Mike D'Antoni can get the most out of. It's obvious that he doesn't have a clue as to what to do with Dwight Howard and Pau Gasol. So this trade opens everything up for him, and would get the Lakers right back on track by bringing in a bunch of decent players to solidify their depth.

This has nothing to do with the Hawks folks. It's definitely mind games by Magic, to see if Cuban would be willing to send him legit talent to help the Lakers, in order for Cuban to get his big fish in Dwight.

And Cuban's ego would make him believe that if he got Dwight, he could lure other talent to Dallas and help them get back in the mix in the West.

Honestly, if Dwight went to Dallas, that puts in play a possible Josh Smith to DALLAS scenario, because the only people who would be under contract in Dallas, are Dirk ( 22.71 mill ), Vince Carter ( 3.18 mill ), Jared Cunningham ( 1.21 mill ) and Jae Crowder ( 0.79 mill ).

If they acquired Dwight before the trade deadline, they would almost assuredly get rid of Vince and Cunningham for an expiring contract.

That would open up enough to re-sign Dwight, and go after one other player, which could possibly be Josh Smith. They really need to keep Collison in the mix though, to run the team.

But if Cuban can be a believer in a Howard - Dirk - Smith trio, his ego would have him go right after Josh. And Josh may take a gamble and sign a 1 year deal in Dallas, then turn around and sign that mega-deal in the summer of 2014.

LOL . . a Howard trade to Dallas could EASILY backfire on the Hawks, and see Josh leave US.

Dwight has said he desperately wanted to go to Brooklyn. They created the perfect opportunity and he still didn't do it. Stop trying analyze like you know this guy. What he really wants probably doesn't fit with what the Media wants.

Edited by Kimsey

You can believe that.

Or you can believe this.

http://www.netsdaily.com/2013/1/22/3903578/report-nets-still-looking-to-make-a-run-at-dwight-howard

Everything is RUMOR during this time of year, to try to gague the trade waters. And it's conceivable that you'll have people flat out making up stuff, just to see if it would stick.

Just like with the Memphis trade rumors involving Rudy Gay. That organization was NOT going to break up that core, when they're posting the best record in franchise history. They would do everything, but that. It would truly have to be a last resort type of thing, to see Memphis break up their core, before they could see how far this group could go.

Now after this season is over, they may be broken up. But not now.

Dwight has said he desperately wanted to go to Brooklyn. They created the perfect opportunity and he still didn't do it. Stop trying analyze like you know this guy. What he really wants probably doesn't fit with what the Media wants.

Dwight had NO CONTROL over where he wanted to go. It was the Orlando Magic who didn't like the deal for Dwight. They weren't a believer in Lopez ( although they look stupid as hell now for not taking the Brooklyn deal ).

If Orlando wanted to, they could've traded him to the Bobcats last year. What Orlando TRIED to do, is not only get the best deal possible for themselves, but to trade Howard to a place where he wanted to go.

The Hawks have never been on that list, and Orlando was reportedly on record as saying that they would not trade Howard within the division.

Once again, Dwight techincally has NO CONTROL on where he wants to go as of right now. If a team wanted him just for a one year rental, and the Lakers were willing to deal with them, he could be traded to that team right now.