• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

With Rondo out, will a Hawk get his All-Star roster spot?

TheNorthCydeRises

No Rondo, which means that a roster spot is open. The East currently has 3 guards listed for the game ( Wade, Irving, Holliday ).

So does the league do the easy thing, and just replace Rondo with another guard, or do they give who they think is the next most deserving player, and give him that spot.

If they decide to add another frontcourt player, here are the candidates

- Josh Smith

- Al Horford

- Brook Lopez

- Paul Pierce

To me, those are really the only 4 you can consider for that last roster spot. Most people think Lopez was a huge snub by the coaches, so he may be the favorite to get Rondo's spot. Paul Pierce, in my opinion, was definitely deserving, even if his team was playing sorry. And we can definitely make a case for both Smith and Horford.

But if they do take a frontcourt player, that means they have to shuffle some of those combo G/F types to fill in at guard, namely Deng and George. Lebron may also have to play a little SG as well. Melo may start at PF, but he'd end up playing more SF. And Garnett would have to move down to PF . . or he may symbolically start the game, but not get much playing time throughout it.

If the go the guard route, here are the candidates:

- Deron Williams

- Joe Johnson

- Monta Ellis

- Brandon Jennings

With the Nets not having anybody in the All-Star game, if they do choose a guard, it will probably be between Deron and JJ. Deron has played much better as of late, and so has JJ. The edge will probably go to Deron, seeing that he's a little higher profile player and is used to playing with the superstars in the East via the Olympic team.

The two Milwaukee guards are basically the same player, but they have been key in seeing Milwaukee make a push to be in that playoff mix in the East. By the way, they're only 1.5 games behind us now . . and they're the #7 seeded team at this moment.

So of those 8 guys, who gets the spot?

Edited by northcyde

My money is on Lopez too. Pains me to say it though....

On a bigger picture, our chances of making the playoffs just got alot better. Never root for injury, but when a cog in a great team goes down, I'm not sad. Paul and Kevin are too old to rise that team from the ashes....

Stern will definitely award Brooklyn. Go through all that rebranding and not have a representative at the All Star game? No, no. Stern won't care about positions he always awards top markets or records for replacements (looking at you Mo, Lee, Kidd and Kaman)

Stern will definitely award Brooklyn. Go through all that rebranding and not have a representative at the All Star game? No, no. Stern won't care about positions he always awards top markets or records for replacements (looking at you Mo, Lee, Kidd and Kaman)

David Aldridge

@daldridgetnt

League announces Nets' Brook Lopez to replace injured Rajon Rondo on Eastern Conference All-Star roster.

Stern, you shock me.